• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UAIR problems

Summit^

Smash Cadet
My advice is to simply practice short-hop-fast-fall-l-canceling c-sticked u-airs until it's comfortable. It can be a bit tricky to get the maneuver down, but it's a great weapon to have in your arsenal.

I hope that I helped =)

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Yeah. But the timing of the L-Cancel always gets me...Do I fast fall then L-Cancel it after the initial hit? Because it's kind of hard to do that considering how low to the ground I am...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It may help to L-cancel right after the attack so that you don't have to worry bout pushing it right before the ground(cuz you should be FFing anyways). Just be sure to Uair again after you hit the ground to keep it going.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Yeah, I use the X button to jump. Can I keep it going like that?

That, and I'm having trouble L Canceling most other attacks. It's just not clicking with me...

I run up to the opponent, short hop, Uair, slam down the Control stick and hit L ..Is that how you do it?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I actually use X myself, and it works pretty well. Just go to training mode and practice straight L-cancelling, that's what I did to perferct the L-cancel and practice a few combos to get the feel for offense. It would also be a good idea to execute all of those actions very quickly for the Uair SHFFL. Does that help?

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Yeah. I think I'm getting it. See my problem was that I was Smashing down on the control stick and L right as I git the opponent, but I just figured out that you do it right AFTER the initial hit. It seems to cut the lag. That sound right? Oh and it's kind of tough for me, just jumping out of the L-Cancel UAIR into another one so quickly, how do you do that? (Ex. The 0:43 from 0:47 from the Eggz combo video)

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Mario's UAIR, like his BAIR doesn't require l-canceling if you start the attack immediately after you shorthop. You can still fast fall it too.

To make sure you're doing this right, you can look at Mario's landing animation. When Mario jumps and lands without an attack, you see spark animations around his feet. When doing aerials and landing on the ground with them, you'll get a cloud animation.

With that said, when you do UAIR/BAIR and fast fall it, there should be sparks. If you don't UAIR/BAIR fast enough, you'll get a cloud animation.

Just in case if you didn't put two and two together, this is faster than l-canceling since you don't receive an attack lag.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
first try this :
SH out of Dash
then this :
SH out of Dash with FF
then this :
SH out of Dash Uair (sooner or later depending how tall the char is) Fast Fall

and practice on Marth (coz hes gay) like this :

Grab- DThrow (UpTilt)- Uair shffl to DSmash

VERY IMPORTANT : When doing the Uair shffl dont do many 1-3 is enough

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's a little bit of lag, but for the vast majority of the wavedash, you are in your standing animation, allowing you to do anything you would do while standing, including jumps. You can, uair out of a wavedash with a jump, but obviously, you have to jump first.

Top Bottom