• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair + Dair Footstool + JabLock Setups!!! (Video Guide)

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
The forums here have been pretty dire recently. Time to liven them up a lil~

Recently I was labbing a few things with Pit and I came across these. Launchers > Foostool > Dair Jab lock!
Check it out~ Here I teach you a few things about them! :)

If you enjoyed, Subscribe! Its appreciated.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Might of messed up that quote there bro! ^^'

Jablocks are fun~

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
The forums here have been pretty dire recently. Time to liven them up a lil~

Recently I was labbing a few things with Pit and I came across these. Launchers > Foostool > Dair Jab lock!
Check it out~ Here I teach you a few things about them! :)

If you enjoyed, Subscribe! Its appreciated.
Question~

Can you squeeze in a ftilt after the dair with Dark Pit?

Edit: nvm who knew YT comments were helpful?

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Question~

Can you squeeze in a ftilt after the dair with Dark Pit?

Edit: nvm who knew YT comments were helpful?
I'll answer here anyway :p
Actually you can, you have to fast fall the dair though. You can even get double jab resets with ftilt although thats borderline impossible after a dair. Both are only applicable to some characters though....something with the animation i think?

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I'll answer here anyway :p
Actually you can, you have to fast fall the dair though. You can even get double jab resets with ftilt although thats borderline impossible after a dair. Both are only applicable to some characters though....something with the animation i think?
Nope, you cant lol. F.tilt is too slow and too much lag from dair.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
If they are floaty, that makes the timing easier to do.
I did say some characters.....besides doesn't this setup only work reliably on floaties anyway (uair one)? Either way my point was that it is possible to squeeze in an ftilt after dair jab reset from footstool :p

Go and do the dair > footstool > dair > ftilt on bowser now.
I seem to be ticking you off I'm really, really sorry if I am :<
You can't do it to bowser, at the percent where you can do that to bowser, ftilt stops jab resetting.

Last edited:

BaeBraham

Coffee and Smash enthusiast
NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
The forums really have been quite quiet lately :( But this is some swell stuff, keep up the good work!

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Thanks Kiram, Cool stuff.

when the percentage is too high for a Dair lock, can't we USmash after the falling Uair? (or maybe buffered?)

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Thanks Kiram, Cool stuff.

when the percentage is too high for a Dair lock, can't we USmash after the falling Uair? (or maybe buffered?)
Yep, Uair even true combos into Usmash, problem is, landing uair on a grounded opponent without getting punished is easier said than done....

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yep, Uair even true combos into Usmash, problem is, landing uair on a grounded opponent without getting punished is easier said than done....
Kibzu~ Kibzu~

There is an easier way to land it.
D-Throw -> buffer turnaround into Bair -> FF Uair into footstool -> usmash/dair lock/whatever

Sorry for the poor video editing. I tried to minimize the time for uploading so I let YouTube do a highlight reel. Not the best decision.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Kibzu~ Kibzu~

D-Throw -> buffer turnaround into Bair -> FF Uair into footstool -> usmash/dair lock/whatever

Sorry for the poor video editing. I tried to minimize the time for uploading so I let YouTube do a highlight reel. Not the best decision.
Bair to uair doesn't true combo.

Uair to footstool doesn't true combo.

It's a viable setup but idk how realistic it would be in a match.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Kibzu~ Kibzu~

Hmm, Its much easier to DI. People usually DI away from pit so its wouldnt work I think

Top Bottom