• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-tilt vs. Fastfallers

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the combs out of U-tilt especially against FFers are so free. It even combos into itself easily at low %s. So why don't I see it more often? I probably over-use it but I love it, is it easy to DI out of it if done properly, is the hitbox too horizontal?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think people already use it a lot. It's an anti-air and a combo move. It's solid, just not good vs grounded opponents.

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thanks guys, I'm still trying to sort out what's good in different situations. Many people I play with (along with myself) haven't been playing long enough to really implement optimal strategies, when I tinker around with something and it works, I'm never quite sure if it's actually good or psuedo-good and just not being countered effectively.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Crouch cancelling ruins uptilt forward tilt and down+b approaches.
I disagree about tornado, since if they CC it you can just use the rest of the duration of the tornado to move away from them. This assumes you approach with an earlier part of the tornado, but who just like tornados (yeah that's a word) to approach from the opposite side of the stage anyway lol. If you do that, you've got a lot more to be worrying about then CCing.

Ftilt is true at low percents, but you can use it off a retreating WD safely.

As for uptilt, the biggest problem with approaching with it is that it has like no horizontal range compared to something like ftilt, dsmash, or even jab, so anything will beat it out. Like KK said, comboing mostly, occasionally it can be used as an AA, but a lot of things will beat it out. Usmash is better for that, it's disjointed as ****.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Luigi's Down+B has a fair amount of lag frames at the end. Fast fallers all move pretty quick around the stage. There aren't a lot of stages where you can escape a CC by just moving to the other side of the stage.

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
When is the correct time to use down-b? I feel like even when used while landing it's risk reward is iffy. Are you looking for any reads/spacing in particular?

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
down-b is pretty fast so I whip it out when I don't think they expect it / at random times coming down from the air.

Don't really try to get the second hit, just hit em with the first then get out, unless you see that they **** up DI/ cant tech before the second hit.

the BEST use for down b I think is to purposefully clank with attacks then react off of it. This works really well against most projectiles (sadly not the laser) and Marth's sword. Use it, expect the clank, proceed to Jab -> grab/smash/utilt -> combo. Most people I play don't see it coming.

Top Bottom