• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-tilt to Thunder

chiibi31415

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm kind of new to smashboards and forums in general. This is my first ever thread, so I apologize if its bad or something. I was playing with my brother and landed an up tilt to RAR-thunder. I didn't know if it was a true combo or not, so I went into practice mode and started messing around. It works pretty well at around 130 to 150-ish, not sure exact %. I tested a little bit of DI but it was very limited because it was only one person doing it. It seems to not work if they DI away from pikachu, but no DI and DI towards pika works, no footage of DI tests unfortunately.
I also tried different hitboxes of the uptilt, and from what I've seen, it works with all hitboxes. or at least the ones that hit the ground.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It does true combo. It's very similar to how dthrow to thunder works. If they DI in then they go straight up and you can just jump up and thunder. If they have no DI then you have to run and thunder.

Top Bottom