• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-tilt stage spike

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
Well... What can I say that the title does not already say?

I started an utilt near the edge with just the tip of the vacuum on the edge of the stage and a Cap. Falcon grabbed the ledge. Just as his inv. frames dissipated the kick came down and he was stage spiked instead of sent straight up like normal. I guess the vacuum sucked him in some how just before smashing him.

Has anyone else ever done this? I have used Utilt as a decent edge guard tool, but I am not sure of its legitimate use in a tournament setting.

I haven't bothered trying to reproduce it, but I imagine it would not be hard to do.

TP

Smash Master
Has anyone else ever done this? I have used Utilt as a decent edge guard tool, but I am not sure of its legitimate use in a tournament setting.
I got a Luigi with it in tourney once, but it shouldn't exactly be your first choice of what to do as an edge guard.

:034:

Top Bottom