• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-Tilt Execution

molopo

Smash Rookie
I find doing u-tilt's the HARDEST thing to do without jumping/doing something other than what i wanted. How do people do u-tilts in the middle of a combo? I REALLY want to incorporate it into my game, but it's just so hard to do in the heat of battle. Any tips?

Levitas

the moon
Are you talking about tech-wise as opposed to upsmashing, or application-wise as in setting it up?

I would assume tech wise, and it's a good idea to move with your fingers more relaxed than tense. Once you combo with relaxed fingers, it's easier to move the control stick half way up, and press A, because you're not thinking "OMG UP!!!" and jamming up on the control stick.

As far as application, do a utilt when uair juggling puts them too low to follow with another uair, or if they're gonna shffl something into you like a sex kick.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
U-tilts are important. Just work at it, it requires good control over your fingers. But you can't deal with G-dorf or Faptain Calcon unless you can get them down. I mean, you can...but not as well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Many people can't do tilts because they aren't relaxed. Just chill, tilt the control stick, and press A.

Chill.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
if you're in the middle of comboing, smashing up during lag from a previous move doesn't do anything

roll the control stick, don't tilt it all the way, etc

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
While u are learning to relax, you can also try buffering utilts

to do this you press up on the control stick at any time where you cannot jump, and then press A when you are able to use a move

its not the best way to do utilts, but it can work for you from time to time...a good method of buffering your utilt is to do a jab, then while you are jabbing quicking press up and hold it, then press A while holding up

Ademisk

Smash Champion
****it Simna, go comment on something useful, like my PKT question or my YYG question or my Technical Ness question.

No, but buffering sounds semi-useful, the only problem is that it requires foresight and prediction. Most people won't think about using an uptilt until they NEED to use it.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Slightly, it's better used in combination with upthrows and uairs, but the timing is difficult to pull off with any high chance of success.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Don't be too eagar when pressing up on the control stick. Raise it only to the height needed

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I prefer to buffer an u-tilt from a wavedash. This helps me get into position under the enemy, as well as buffer the u-tilt while i'm dashing.

Top Bottom