• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-B edge guard.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I have the full game had it since the 1st. Main olimar and alt as Ike. Been practicing this for a while to confirm it works, and well... it does.

Say your opponent is coming back from a blast off the stage and hes above you or nearly in front. position ike close enough to the edge so that when you do his u-b you will catch your opponent in sword toss and catch him in the animation of him being spiked to the ground, if you do this right the last frame of the animation will be replaced with ike grabbing the adge and your opponent will continue bieng spiked down to his death off the stage.

Have fun with it, it works well.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I've encountered the same thing myself, though I've never done it on purpose.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I figured it out on accident then practiced it a a few games after that with my crew and its pretty devastating. if you catch them at low percentages it usually kills them.

Ill have to setup my capture system again but Ill get some vids for you guys too.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Is what you're talking about, being done by Kirk at 1:20 in this video?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BLvOlFyhpdo
the position is right, but not for mario. If the opponent gets caught with it while they are in the air above you it spikes them sometimes it releases them below the ledge too, and the up b wont hit you because you are still within the 1 second of invins animations.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Aether is such a versitile move. I'm sure it's spiking abilities will be used practically by competative smashers. This looks like a good application.

Kirk

Smash Champion
It does work :D That mario in my video was just a stupid CPU at a low percentage. Best case, your opponent would be coming back from the stage, and at a higher percent. They would be sent down faster because of this. I haven't used it much myself, mostly because i fear i'll miss the edge and fall to my doom lol

Top Bottom