• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyr vs. MikeB

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I don't think any other sets or matches of mine got recorded. I didn't realize this tv was being recorded or I would have tried to do more of my pools matches on it.

And for the record, I never said I was the best Lucas. Just want that to be clear. The last thing I want is to offend or get into a rivalry with a fellow Lucas main.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You should come to the next circuit event. I'm hoping to make it. We need more Lucas representation. With me, you, Lil' CJ and Chu we'd have good numbers for low tier. One more if Levitas comes and plays Lucas.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I can't go to Missouri - It's too far and I believe it falls on a bad date for me.

I will try as hard as possible to go to the one after that though, probably regardless of the location (also it's likely to be in and of IN, IL, or MI)

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great vid Tyr
Mike B had a pretty good Jiggz
I didnt know Jiggz had so much priority in the air
and I hate ROLL OUT!...thats why I never let Puff players pick FD

Edit: I hope to do better at the next Curcuit event
My goal is to beat Overswarm with Lucas lol:)

Edit 2: We do need more Lucas mains at tournies
The only Lucas mains there was Me,Tyr,Mr. E, Bowyer(I think), and a beginner Lucas main that I played in friendlies

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Mr. E and Bowyer don't main Lucas.

And no offense to Mike B but he is not a good Jiggz.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah he does. He's pretty good too. And Bowyer mains Metaknight and uses Jigglypuff as a secondary sometimes. He knows how to use Lucas but I doubt he'd ever even consider using him in tournament.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol well for someone who barely uses him, he's pretty decent with Lucas.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
What was the reason for posting this topic? It's obvious I'm not good.

(but hey, one week with a yoshi main was all the practice i ever got)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, I never play lucas. I never play jiggs either. I'm a MK main and the only other character I play seriously decently often is Lucario... and I've been playing a lot of fox as of recent...

Irsic

Smash Ace
Not knowing how to play against Jiggs can be a really big drawback because Jiggs can be pretty hard to hit.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
not if you have a projectile...

*Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire*

[one sad jiggly]

I was kinda freakin out when all of my forward A+Bs didn't go through pk fire. That made me lose my cool.

GGs though. Prepare for next time we meet, for it will be your last laugh!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master

*sigh*

depressed at losing to Bowyer's Jiggs...
lol, that doesn't mean I don't have the best jiggs out there... which is a decent possibility... because not playing her much =/= not knowing how to play her way **** well :)

not if you have a projectile...

*Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire**Pkfire*

[one sad jiggly]
Not true at all. Just be patient, take your time, don't get hit by the ****, then trap them at the edge of the stage... or just run through it with power shields... Or just chill just above them and slowly make your way over, conserving jumps when it's safe by using rising pounds... Jiggs can definitely get around most projectiles, including Lucas'.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah the biggest thing I noticed when playing Bowyer's Jiggs was that he usually stayed out of range of my Dair by staying diagonally above me which made it really difficult to land much on him. In retrospect I probably should have gone for Uairs more. Fair is pretty much useless against Puff because of her horizontal movement and range. I also probably lost like 3 stocks just from trying to recover too close to the stage and getting hit by Fairs. Should have tried to hit Puff away first.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
So staleing pound is actually beneficial... I never thought of it that way. :o

Irsic

Smash Ace
****it Tyr, way to not listen to me. I told you to wait out her jumps before recovering, ****it!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol it was early in the day and I wasn't thinking very much. It's pretty amazing how much better I got just over the course of that day. No johns though. I think I'll do better next time I come across a Jigglypuff player (hahahahaha.)

Top Bottom