• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Typical "Rate my Jiggs!" Topic! Youtube inside

Quil

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I'm somewhat new to the tournament scene, and decided to film a match with one of my friends. Granted, his main isn't G&W, but whatever. So, what can I do to improve my Jiggs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE2sMG30_PE

Sorry for the image quality, by the way. It'll be better next time >_>

Any help is appreciated!

TheLegend

Smash Ace
Alrighty then...

To start off-->

Master SHFFLCing.. quite important. This being said...

-Arial More; you tended to stay on the ground, and randomly attempt to hit your opponent w/ Usmashes [around 2-4], Grounded Pounds, and other less effective methods of damage dealing goodness... Use what Jigglypuff does best and outrange, and outprioritize their shizz.. and then cover their face in the shizz which you extracted from them...

-Arial Faster; don't allow your opponent to recover/think. Keep up the pressure, and keep up the pain. Jiggs can whip out quite afew Bairs, and Fairs consectutivly, so continue your barrage, and maybe a combo might follow... who knows.. perhaps someday you too shall fux w/ amazing...

-Follow Up Your Combos; not that they were too prevalent in the above video, however do more **** like the gayness you pulled off at the end... *pound* I mean.. Uair-->Rest is pretty nice i must say, but 2-4 Bairs in a row is indeed a very sexy, and nice means of fuxing w/ ****** your opponent's shizz. This is probably the major difference between "ok" players, and "good" players.. besides DI that is.. learn where your moves propel your opponent, and know which combos best into the other. Enjoy this... /waits 4 months for substancial improvment.

-Grab More; grabbing is the only real guarnteed way to insure your opponent travels the direction in which traveling must be had.. and it gets around their gayass shielding n' ****. Perhaps attempt doing lots of arials [hence being jiggs and all] and then instead of doing an arial one time, just land next to them, and grab their ***... works every time <(^_^)b

-Master Spacing; you play Jigglypuff.. nuff said.

-Never Ground Pound.. and use it less... pound is excellent for getting gimpyrests, and starting combos.. but don't spam it. Unfortunatly the lagg is indeed great enough to be punishable.. *sign* Learn it's uses, and how to do a rising pound infront of their shield in order to space correctly... important stuff.

-Learn to Read your opponent's recovery better; also a given seeing as you are playing Jigglypuff.. the character w/ the best horizontal+vertical recovery in the game.. hit their **** as the come back.. what are they going to do to you??1?! Recovery at you /laughs in a bellowing evil santa-clause manner...

-Ultize Uair; do it.

-Air Camp More; you said your friend doesn't play G&W as his main.. well... if you don't know a matchup, then camp their shindigizle until you do.. and free % never hurt anybody.. well... except them i guess..

-DI [much] better; learn to be good.

Good Day Sir.

Top Bottom