• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Types of annoying Players - which annoys you most?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Spammer – has some experience of smash, but will generally believe that using the same special move constantly will do the job, e.g. Falco’s Blaster and Kirby’s Stone. When they have cornered them on the edge of the stage, they may either smash then off, or spike them; however their spiking skills are usually mediocre.
Targeting Type – this type is usually decently skilled; however out of aggression (lost to you in previous match) or other reasons (such as that they have a grudge against that specific character e.g. Ike, cause some people think he’s cheap). This targeting type tends to last until that character is killed a certain number of times, or the duration of the match. Depending on the skill level of the player, they may do worse as their agitation grows (this is less likely) or they improve slightly because they focus their attention on one player.
Interfering Type - this applies mostly to group brawls, just when you're about to kick the *bleep* out of another player through combos and such, you were hit by another player intentionally or unintentionally, consciously or unconsciously, and then this repeats over the course of the match. In the case of a single brawl, you may be interfered e.g. Link's Gale Boomerang can change your position and Diddy Kong's Banana Peel which causes tripping.
I play a person who is a combination of all these types, if you thought one type is enough, going through all of this
I can easily handle him since he doesn't use his head and is usually boasting and/or constantly trying to prove himself in a pointless battle...
plus the fact that he goes around saying ppl have no skill when he uses snake and we all use characters way worse and still do as well/better than he does
EDIT: I'm combining this into one type the egotistical type,
they are blind to what they are saying, not understanding/listening to what other people are trying to tell them, as they constantly blame the littlest things as spamming/running blah blah blah at the same time as they themselves to it, and when you point it out they try to defend their argument, like they know it but don't want to admit it

EDIT2: lol I'm a camper and I admit it(yet I don't run) but ppl can't take the heat, it's so easy to run through the projectiles yet they still b**** about it... man up

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I am a Ridiculously Calm Type and Complaining type. The only reason I still play normal brawl is because I am start of a smash circle at my school so I play all the smash games. A lot of the people there like playing against me in brawl though I would rather play Brawl+, SSB64, or melee.

I dislike Sore Loser Type. They bug the hell outta me. They often get mad when I say anything negative about the game. When they start losing they start complaining about the same stuff I would be saying earlier.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
^^ ahhh who doesn't know someone that's this type?

I think you forgot the "I'm secretly using turbo on my turbo controller and I think your too stupid to know how I break out of grabs so quickly," type.
Seriously, what does the turbo button do?

I hate kids. Enough said.

Mallie1988

Smash Rookie
I hate the Complaining type because they say Brawl is Unblanced and say they things such as melee is better than brawl, Ike is Cheap because he`s powerful, Link sucks because he hard to use, etc
I hate the sore loser type also. When i play brawl with my relative. When he lose he says "Give me a chance" or "I was lucky".

Cerubi

Smash Rookie
Taunter
This only happened once in an online match where this Captain Falcon kept on doing that Show your moves taunt during a sudden death match, then everyone just suicided. This happened because....well... I don't know.

Trying to be original here.....

Arkanj0

Smash Cadet
I don't like the type of players that ragequit because they think the match is "boring".

TEECO

Smash Ace
Lol @ this.

Hardheaded, pride-filled morons:
The smashers that know they got wrecked, know they will get wrecked again, but try and make it seem like they didnt get wrecked, or wont get wrecked again.
They usually say things along the line of, not a bad (insert character here), but im having an off day.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if you mentioned this, but I really hate those players who fluke a win someway or another (like a bomb just happens to land on a weakened attacking character) then try to claim they have immense skill. Or those players you find online who quit a match because of a particularly horrific death or loss.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I hate mindgames lol

Had someone mindgaming me with jigs and rested me...not fun

Id hate to play someone really cocky, just pees me off. thankfully i havnt yet.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I don't see much reason to running tbh, e.g. super mario bros. the old like 8 bit game, princess peach is captured, you don't expect mario to run away in the other direction and say "I can't be bothered, I'm suppose to be a fixing a toilet."

smashbroroxas

Smash Rookie
Persuasive Suicide Type.
Someone who SD'd during the match, then runs to the edge of the map and constantly Down - A's, trying to tell you to kill yourself, might be accompanied by a taunt telling you to kill yourself... Best counter is to throw them.

I also hate the 'No Contest' ers, usually brought on by a person of the above type if they suicide twice in a row.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
AFC players irritate me a lot...

Commentator type also piss me off a lot; especially when it's a free for all and they weren't in the last two. :urg:

You also forgot Self-Destruct players. They are different than the Suicide KO players because they (Suicide KO players) at least keep you on your toes (to dodge it); the SD players do nothing but walk off the stage, shatter their shield w/ Jiggs, or use some moveset special move (i.e.: Jigg's Neutral B, Fox's Side B) to kill themselves. They just walk right past you and SD. It's really shameful...

Here's another: Idiot stage choice players. This is pretty generic; it's a player that picks the dumbest stages (a.k.a. easiest to hit 'n run, and has absurd amounts of stage hazards) ever created for Smash. Stages may include: Temple (used to cool, but now everyone just plays hit 'n run), New Pork City (same as Temple), Hanenbow (too big and annoying), 75 M, Flatzone 2, etc. Playing one of these once in a while is nice (I enjoy playing Spear Pillar, but it's not broken or w/e in any way; people are just incapable or playing upside down or with reversed controls), but playing Flatzone 2 and Temple every other match gets REALLY old, REALLY quick!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I hate egoist who think just because they won almost every single match to date or play a certain character well enough to get recognized, just because of those reasons they can never lose to you because you dont have youtube vidz of yourself beating a couple of noobz.
I also hate the counter-pick type. Wait till you pick someone and then COMPLETELY go back from the stage selection screen back to the character select screem just to have the advantage. And when they lose they complain that your character is broken even tho they counter-picked you (does not apply to MK mains lol no offense)
I hate people who relies on rediculousness to win (IC mains nothing personal) but I just hate the fact that all they have to do is grab you and learn a little timing and you instantly lose a stock. I think its a silly concept but this is my opinion after playing street fighers and other fighting games nearly my entire life.

Jeb

Smash Cadet
I hate ppl who clearly state they don't want campers....only to find out they do it themselves.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I hate campers and runners the most...and people who say they can beat everyone and end up using Meta Knight and losing to you.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I hate campers and runners the most...and people who say they can beat everyone and end up using Meta Knight and losing to you.
I know a few of those, what about A+ tier mains who don't practice much but say they have skill(I can't figure out a type for that one)

UncleSam

Smash Master
We'll call them posers for now
Good one, but we have to agree Diddy mains are the exception, they worked so hard for their spot
the meta knight one annoys me the most.. just expressing my hate for meta knight
(go to the tactical discussion there discussing if they should ban meta knight for the third time release your meta-hate there and vote yes, or no there are counters for MK it also takes a brain go to your neighborhood match-up discussion) IDKY but I've been doing stuff like this a lot recently

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
I don't care about their play style since it just means I need to accustom to different play styles, unless they pull the plug or some stunt like that.

Annoying players on the other hand? First off, I love newbies. They're adorable. Especially 'cuz I always remember when I was a newbie. <3 Noobs just suck. We all know that. As I said, I don't take the word "scrub" seriously.

I don't like:
-MeleeNazis: Sorry, but give Brawl time. It's like the baby of the family, ya know?
-Rude players: I absolutely hate it. I dropped and messed up on matches solely because of some offensive things they've done to me, even to the point of screaming in my ear during my match. Believe me, it's pretty bad since I'm the type to lose focus fast.
-People who throw their controllers/unplug/get butthurt: Oh c'mon, it's a GAME.
-People that forget to shower before a tournament: -______-;;;;

OK, I'm gonna admit, I'm the annoying player that does friendlies and either demands rematches every time I'm close to winning or mixes up the friendly game a bit, aka "Shino Ruleset".

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
My answer to those cheap tactics...

Zelda.

Projectile spammers can get reflected with Nayru's love while the runners can get exploded with the amazing range of Din's Fire.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
Yes! The pausers.

So annoying.

"HAHAHA! PEACH'S HAND IS ON HIS CROTCH! *PIC*"

"LOLOLOLO SONIC IS BENDING OVER *PIC*"

"OMG! NO NANA! *PIC*"

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget "Haha look at my Meta Knight owning you *PIC*"

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I hate the players who lose evry time and think they're still pretty good. If you lose, acknowledge it.

urfat

Smash Cadet
i know this isn't a style of fighting, but the most annoying is the freaking teacher smash player... i have this guy i'llkick the sh*t out of and then he'll calmly remark on tips on my page as if he won every match WTF?!?!?!?!!!!

Top Bottom