• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Type: Null/Silvally Support

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Created in the image of God (Yes, Pokemon has gotten that blasphemous) the genetic chimera know as Type: Full was created to combat the threat of the Ultra Beasts but proved to be uncontrollable, leading all of them to be sealed away and renamed Type: Null because Scientists are spiteful like that. That was until a young lad came along and applied a little friendship to the forehead, leading it to evolve into Silvally.

Type_Null.png
Silvally.png

How would it work?

I can see two ways that the Synthetic Pokemon could work, both of them working in radically different ways.

A. RKS System
This variant would focus entirely on Silvally and it's type changing mechanic. Like Shulk's Monado Arts, Silvally could change its memory disks to change the properties of it's attacks, granting them more range, better shield damage or other effects.

B. Power Limiter
This variant would have both "stages" in play. At 0% it is Type: Null who is very heavy and slow. After enough damage is dealt to its limiter helmet (through foes attacking or using headbutt type attacks), it breaks, causing it to reveal its true power as Silvally who hits as hard but is now much faster. But it is also lighter so there's a trade-off to consider.

Other concerns
Type: Null/Silvally would be full quadrupeds who don't have another method of holding items but they do have the ability to grasp items in their forelegs thanks to their mish-mash design.

Supporters
Me ( Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 )
fogbadge fogbadge
S SEGAGameBoy
Hydra of Chaos Hydra of Chaos
SvartWolf SvartWolf
Internet02 Internet02
Peridorito Peridorito
warpenguin55 warpenguin55
False Sense False Sense
Proceleon Proceleon

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I actually have him in Pokemon Ultra Moon. He's a great Pokemon to have on your team. I support!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You know, screw all chances, i'm supporting Silvally for smash! Don't really think it will happen, but i would lie if i say i didn't find type:null to be one of the most interesting pokemon shown before Sun and Moon release.

and overall i like a lot Sylvally storyline (plus he can be a ghost type... or be a rock type and pretend we also got lycanrock XD)

add me to the support list, even if There is 0% chance that would help silvally get in.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
It’s a shame he doesn’t get more support I support

Smash needs more four legged fighters

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think that a RKS system build would be more interesting, and probably easier to balance, i love teh idea of him keeping its move the same but changing particle and visual effects and properties... obviously having 17/18 variants (depending if you consider Normal as a "valid" variant) would be a little overkill, but i think that it could work very well with a more limited number.

Plus is a stretch but it would represent the competitive pokemon aspect of having coverage moves so there is that.

Stuff like "energy" based specials, smash attacks, Nair and throws, that get different properties dependind Silvally chosen Type, while keeping tilts, and aerials as standar quadruped attacks.

I liked a lot the idea in lycanrock of an "earthbender Wolf" but... maybe what we needed all along was an AVATAR WOLF!

Fire, more damage, Earth, more knockback, Flying, more range, Water, Windboxes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well looks like Mimikyu is a Pokeball summon this time. As is Alolan Exeggutor

Wonder if Type: Null/Silvally will get its chance.

Internet02

Smash Rookie
Made a Smash Boards account to respond on here, and I agree. Silvally is my favorite Pokemon, and most wanted character in Smash Ultimate, so to see him get in would make me happy. I think Silvally's Memories should be limited to maybe 6 types. Fire, Water, Grass, Dark, Ice and Dragon. I feel that Silvally's chances are far greater than one might think at first glance.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Made a Smash Boards account to respond on here, and I agree. Silvally is my favorite Pokemon, and most wanted character in Smash Ultimate, so to see him get in would make me happy. I think Silvally's Memories should be limited to maybe 6 types. Fire, Water, Grass, Dark, Ice and Dragon. I feel that Silvally's chances are far greater than one might think at first glance.
Welcome on board er.... Smashboards and I'm happy you chose to make here your first post ^_^.

Smash Pokemon choices are an area where everything we think we know goes out the window regularly so we'll wait and see what the volatile mix of Game Freak and Sakuria gives us this time.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
considering that at the time of the ballot pokemon sun and moon weren't released, i think that if we MAY get a gen VIII pokemon, fan popularity wouldn't be a major factor. Thats why if a potential gen VII pokemon gets in, it would be such a wildcard. (thats why I never considered Decidueye a "shoe in") is true though that Incineroar may be selected..... i mean... he is a cat. and we know Sakurai's feeling for cats. but certainly is still open in teh air... which makes it kinda exciting.

In my head Silvally feels like a so fun character to use XD. and i love teh idea of switching elements.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, one idea! Gladion is in the background like Pokemon Trainer and when switching powers, Gladion tosses Memory disk to Silvally.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It actually seems like a great idea and he could strike poses during match... but who would be the character then? Gladion or Silvally?

and yeah.. definetly Silv memories should be restricted.... 17 memories may be a little too much XD Maybe Fire, Ice, Electric, Dark and Dragon is a better combination? :o

as far as edgelords go, I think Gladion have been one of the best. eat your hearth out Reaper, Shadow and Dark Pit!

(ib4 Gladion is the actual character with Silvally, Umbreon and Lycanrock and blows everything away)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it'd be a Rosaluma situation where they call the collective character Gladion & Silvally

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I support Type: Null/Silvally. It would be very different from any Pokémon we already have. I don't think holding items would be a problem, it could hold them with psychic powers like Mewtwo does.

Untouch

Smash Master
https://www.ndw.jp/pokemon-top10/
Silvally ranked #7 most popular on this list, and Gladion ranked #2 on the trainer, I don't know much about this magazine or how popular it is, but I think he has a shot.
4 out of the 10 pokemon on this list are already in the game in some form or another, so I think there is a real chance of this happening.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
https://www.ndw.jp/pokemon-top10/
Silvally ranked #7 most popular on this list, and Gladion ranked #2 on the trainer, I don't know much about this magazine or how popular it is, but I think he has a shot.
4 out of the 10 pokemon on this list are already in the game in some form or another, so I think there is a real chance of this happening.
Interesting, considering the other 3 above it are all starters/evolved forms of, that makes Silvally, at least in this poll, the Pokemon with the best chance.

And the best trainer is Lillie because of course she is, who else would it be?

What really gets me is that the top final form isn't Decidueye (that Pokken picked) or Incenaroar (that the anime is trying to force) but Primarina. Let's see if Sakurai can make a fighter with no legs.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Nice! although as i stated before IF we get a Gen VII pokemon in this gen, i really think that post Sun and moon launch popularity won't matter much. specially not recent popularity.

Still, the pokemon could be the last fighter decided on. but i think that all the fighters are probably one of the first thing decided and being worked on. even with very placeholder assets im sure they start testing the whole roster very early on... as so much depends on if a moveset is broken, or is fun to play/play against or not.

The only reason i'm expecting a gen VII pokemon really is beacause greninja set precedence that pokemon is kinda an exception to the rule and can be worked on smash even VERY early during the generation development.

Thats why i never though Decidueye's chances were too big (and honestly I think rowletts chances are bigger) Fan popularity will only matter for older pokemons. Specially ballot popularity.
Lucky me, there is really VERY few GenVII pokemon si wont like to see in smash, so expecting for a gen VII pokemon is still kinda exciting.

That being said, is great seeing our synthetic god doing great along the big bois!

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Silvally is by far my favorite gen 7 pokemon and my second favorite pokemon overall. While I highly doubt he'd make it, I would absolutely love it if he did. 100% supporting.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh, this support is a thing?

I'd be hyped to see Silvally. With Mimikyu getting the axe, Silvally's my personal choice for a Gen 7 newcomer. There's so much it could offer as a fighter and it's easily one of my personal favorite mons introduced recently. I sincerely doubt it'll happen, but it'd be amazing if it did. I support.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm imagining Game Freak Giving Sakurai the concept art and blurbs of all the Gen 7 Pokemon then he sees the different discs changing elements then grabs the bit of paper saying "Yes yes, this! All of this! All of this in the game now!" and charges out the door.

One Game Freak guy quietly mumbles that he didn't have the chance to make the case for Exeggutor.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Finally got the images fixed.

Where'd that Type:Null art come from smashingDoug smashingDoug ? The TGC?

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know if it's true or not, but I heard a theory (a Game Theory!) that Type: Null is somehow connected to Arceus.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't really know if it's true or not, but I heard a theory (a Game Theory!) that Type: Null is somehow connected to Arceus.
The theory is that Silvally is basically a man-made attempt to replicate Arceus's powers and abilities, at least in battle to combat Ultra beasts. Read: They made a copy of God to fight extra-dimensional invaders.

I think I read a manga like once. I don't think it had a happy ending.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Considering its most prominent feature is the RKS System (say it out loud), an ability that is identical in function to Arceus', and its creation was inspired by myths at the Canalave Library, it's... less of a theory and more straight up text.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Considering its most prominent feature is the RKS System (say it out loud), an ability that is identical in function to Arceus', and its creation was inspired by myths at the Canalave Library, it's... less of a theory and more straight up text.
Yeah, it's not 100% confirmed but heavily hinted. Though a confirmation would require Faba and Lusamine laughing maniacally about cloning God while thunder goes off in the background.

Type:Null/Sylvanny are such frustrating pokemon in SM and USUM. They are a feature with Poipole in that I feel like if they were granted to the player earlier they would have become incredobly iconic pokemon, but as it stands, you cant get either till most the game is done (and you cant get poipole in the first games)

The thing that really worked for Lucario is that, along with being cool and iconic, it also was available to get about halfway through the game in a really memorable way (this repeated when mega evolution is introduced to you aswell). Type Null isnt avaliable till you complete the game and isnt really given to you in any memorable way, instead, its relegated to the iconic pokemon of a side character.

I stand by that if Type:Null was granted to the player around the time they go to the aether foundation so it can be something THEY get to do and experience the story of instead of a side character or hell maybe even WITH the side character on the side quest (Maybe the aether foundation lady tells you theres an escaped pokemon wrecking havoc in a small area of the habitat, and their trying to contain it, but asks you to help. Their playing up that its an "escaped pokemon" would allow it to keep up the story aethers trying to trick you with and then reveal what was actually happening the whole time later. You might go down, maybe even mean Gladion down there saying hes here to help the other Type:Null, and then you calm it down, either through battle, or in another way) then Type: Null would be an iconic character with a great place in smash similar to lucario

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Curiously Type: Null, of all Pokemon (given there was only 3 created) is included in Gen 8's base game with a cartoonishly (and intetnionally) bad explination why.

Guess its popularity paid off.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I can support Null. It is one of the important ones.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
how do you define important?
In terms of story importance. It's Gladion's main Pokemon, it's technically a legendary, according to the Dex, it even came back for SWSH despite there only being three in existance at the time of USUM.
I dunno, it seems like Null was pushed a bit more than others. Bewear was prominent in the anime so Bewear was pushed, Mimikyu was obviously pushed and Null was pushed.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In terms of story importance. It's Gladion's main Pokemon, it's technically a legendary, according to the Dex, it even came back for SWSH despite there only being three in existance at the time of USUM.
I dunno, it seems like Null was pushed a bit more than others. Bewear was prominent in the anime so Bewear was pushed, Mimikyu was obviously pushed and Null was pushed.
being a main character's signature pokemon or a legendary doesnt always equal important

Top Bottom