• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Type Families?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know where to post this, but does anyone else associate certain types with each other?

In my head I group they types like this:

Elemental Types: Fire, Ice, Water, Electric

Nature Types: Grass, Poison, Bug

Earth Types: Rock, Ground, Steel

Supernatural Types: Psychic, Ghost, Dark

Realistic Types: Normal, Flying, Fighting

Then Dragon on its own because it doesn't really fit in any of my groups.

Tell me I'm not crazy and other people do this.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I think of the types that way, but I don't really see enough discussion resulting from this to justify a thread. If you want to discuss this, repost it in The Snorlax Room.

Spire

III
BRoomer
IMO Dragon would be in nature. The type signifies those as a certain subspecies of Pokemon, different from a type like Fire which constitutes only that the Pokemon have an affinity with the element. Within the compass of all fire Pokemon, we see canines, horses, mollusks, reptiles, so on and so forth. All that are dragon belong to a genus like canine or lizard. Even Altaria. If you've not noticed, all dragon Pokemon are reptilian and/or avian and seeing as how feathers are but evolved scales, Pokemon like Altaria fit right in.

Also Dark is "Evil" in Japan, so it would be in your realistic family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom