• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two things of interest...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Messing around in training to see if Nair might make a decent move for stage spiking people (it doesn't, FYI) but I came across two interesting things...

1. I Daired right next to the ledge and the Toon Link who was hanging on the ledge was sent straight down, not at an angle indicating a stage spike, but immediately down. Sadly, I was never able to repeat this, and every subsequent attempt caused TL to be hit horizontally off the stage (on FD, BTW).

2. This will require some testing, but if you footstool jump a player in mid-air above the stage (ie not off the ledge), it seems that you might be able to immediately follow it with a Down B for a hit, since their tumbling animation seems as though it can't be cancelled in time to dodge the Bowser bomb.

Need more testing with this one, though.

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
I've never heard of the first one, but the second one seems interesting. Not sure how practical it is though, I hardly ever footstool jump on the stage, and it doesn't seem like many other people do either.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It would be a hard thing to work into a match because Bowser generally doesn't jump high enough to footstool anyone at the apex of their jump without burning his 2nd jump, which is a dangerous tactic to start with.

I suppose I could see it as working if you're knocked into the air, you still have your double jump and someone tries to Uair you, but at that point, you're better off just double jumping to avoid their Uair and immediately bombing then. You effectively add an extra step otherwise.

I'll keep my eyes open for points where it can be applied.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Haha the second ones interesting

B0NK

Smash Lord
I believe the first on was possible in Melee, but I have never tried it in Brawl since the auto sweet-spotting messes up a lot of the best edgeguards from Melee. The second one is very situational.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've tested the 2nd one and I think it can work, but it is HIGHLY situational.

Also, even while tumbling after being footstooled, the opponent can still DI to the side to avoid the bomb. However, being footstool jumped OVER the stage is something that happens so rarely that I'm certain most people would be caught off guard by it, meaning they likely wouldn't DI in time (the window to avoid the bomb is quite small).

popsofctown

Smash Champion
What happens if the footstool tumble is interrupted by the ground? Do they go to standing animation, or flat on their backs?

Top Bottom