• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two techniques that are helpful

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Alright folks, after playing with lucas today, I discoverd two new tactics...

Snake L-cancel

You herd me right, Snake L-cancel. How does it work? You low jump follow by a grab, once you land, there is no lag what so ever, From there, just use your regular foward smash or natural attack...or jump after it. works great as a mind game, also, not usable every 5 second

PSI-Magnet

People thing this is a non-usable technique, I do. for those who don't know. The PSI Magnet have a good knock back. A good idea is to jump off the stage and use it, however, is going to take alot of timing to pull it off too. Or just let your opponent run into it. However, I suggest not to use it alot but once in a good wile to keep the game unpredictable.

peace

More to come

-ACTB@-

inside

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, does the magnet still damage even if you have had it on for a while and your opponent runs into it? Or is there a time limit to how long til the damage thing will go away?

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
These aren't new or useful.
It works as a mindgame, it can be useful

I have a question, does the magnet still damage even if you have had it on for a while and your opponent runs into it? Or is there a time limit to how long til the damage thing will go away?
I suggest not to keep having the magnet for a long time other wise, your opponent will go though it. You have to press it when the opponent is getting near you.

there will be videos later ^^:

Levitas

the moon
The ropesnake is absolutely useless in the air. Never use it for non-tether purposes.

Psi magnet is a move. Do you really need to make a vid centered around the fact that it can hit an opponent?

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
I think you're making a misconception as to when psi magnet does damage. It's only damaging when you are stopping it.

With the snake thing... It's not really anything-canceling, because you have to be done attacking to use the grapple, am I wrong? Sure the grapple cancels, but it's useless to use it anywhere that this would happen at. L-canceling was removing the lag from ariel attacks, so that you could use them very close to the ground with very little lag. This would let you...make a useless snake (pity it doesn't do damage like link's) very close to the ground, with no landing lag. I'm missing the use to this.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hmm...well, the Snake thing cant cancel the lag of aerials, but maybe it can lag cacel a full jumped PKF, but no one uses PKF like that anyways.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^^
You could just airdodge to cancel the lag from a full hop PK Fire or better yet double jump for better spacing control. Useful occasionally on platform levels.

Top Bottom