• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two quick questions

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
These are both from friends of mine, I don't know why they don't have Smashboards accounts, but whatever, I am certainly happy to ask on their behalf, but one of my friends wants to find less ways to glitch and/or freeze the latest version of the game.

The other, well, I'd never thought of it, but I have experienced it over at another friend's place, since I myself do not have a Wii. For this question, I certainly wish not to jump to some foolish conclusion, I am merely wondering, a good long time ago, I was playing Project M, and the game froze, of course, we were disappointed, but still thought not really anything of it, we just tried to do our usual, turn the Wii off, turn it back on. However, when we did it that time, well, the Wii wouldn't turn on. It showed the light that it was on, but nothing was being displayed on the TV, no sound, no nothing, as such we could not play it anymore, to this day, but the TV certainly still works, and the cords from that Wii work because we're now playing a second Wii that he had before this one, it can only play GameCube or downloaded games for whatever reason. We're playing it with the cords from the Wii that will not work anymore. I do doubt Project M had anything to do with that, but please, be honest if there is even a slim possibility of it, I just want an answer as to why this happened. I very much miss playing Project M, but now we can't even play Wii games in general.

Y-L

Smash Champion
So it doesn't work at all? When the game freezes on startup I have to hold down the power button until it goes red when I restart it.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
So it doesn't work at all? When the game freezes on startup I have to hold down the power button until it goes red when I restart it.
We used to do that, we just turned to unplugging it because it's faster. But, yeah, it doesn't pretty much work at all anymore.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Well, if it was, I doubt it would even show a light, let alone show the green light when you turn it on. Because when we hook it up and turn that Wii on, we see the green that that shows that the Wii is on, it's just that the TV shows nothing.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something, I think it has to be something about the jack on that Wii that the cord plugs into that splits for the left and right audio and the video. It HAS to be THERE. And I know it's not the cord proper, nor the TV's side because we're using that same cord for the ironically older Wii that can only play GameCube games. For that Wii, I wonder if it may be whatever hardware they use to read the Wii games differently from the GameCube games? It's not the Wii games themselves, because the newer Wii that the jack could've screwed up on could read the Wii games and GameCube games no problem.

Top Bottom