• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two quick questions

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I have two quick questions. My friend likes to play samus a lot, and we play eachother kind of a lot. He likes to use samsus' dash attack a lot. I can anticipate when hes going to use it a lot times but I am at a lost on how to counter it. My wavedash is to short to wavedash back then smash. If I try to shield grab samus will normally go through me to the other side. So how exactly do I counter it. Second question. I am trying to get better at short hop dairing from the ledge. I saw king do it in a few videos and it seemed affective, plus it does more damage if you get a full hit. But, maybe it is just me, I cannot seem to l-cancel it. Does jiggs dair still lag a little with an l-cancel (I dont think it does)? My goal is to dair of ledge then grab, but it always lags to long for me. Once again any help is appreciated.

Edit: Those questions kind of turned out to be long, sorry.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
its okay...
1. for samus who likes to windmill (which is a term coined by crashman where it is nonstop dash attacks and due to its high priority, big hitbox, decent stun time, and if done well, not able to be shield grabbed, is quite annoying) just rest out of shield. Easy kill if have a relative amount of damage.
2. for the dair l cancel, its hard to see because the nature of the move itself is slow and laggy, but the timing of it is different because she falls so slow since shes floaty. you have to wait a bit longer than usual attacks but you can practice against a shielding opponent and try to drill to grab before they grab you.

seriously though, rest samus out of shield twice and your opponent will be scared of using that move against you.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
its okay...
1. for samus who likes to windmill (which is a term coined by crashman where it is nonstop dash attacks and due to its high priority, big hitbox, decent stun time, and if done well, not able to be shield grabbed, is quite annoying) just rest out of shield. Easy kill if have a relative amount of damage.
I am defiantly going to try that next time i play him. Thanks for the help man. And i was messing around and I'm starting to get the timing down for the dair cancel, i think im going to go into training and slow it down hopefully that will help.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
wouldnt it just be possible to forget the shield against samus's dash attack and just CC rest? in fact i think ill go test it real quick...

EDIT: all right, jiggy can crouch cancel> rest up to 46% on samus's dash attack (well, in v 1.2). after that you fly off the ground.

also, iirc, if you press l during the hitstun of an attack, it wont l cancel. so for multi hit attacks like that, you have to press l either between the hits or at one of the last frames before you hit the ground. practice hitting it right before you land.

Sliq

Smash Master
Almost anytime you shield a dash attack is a free rest. BUZZOW!

Sliq

Smash Master
Jump cancel your shield, and then rest. All you have to do when you jump cancel out of your shield is float into them and then rest.

Watch out against some dash attacks, because they hit low (i.e. Doc and Mario) and you don't want to jump over them and rest.

Also, if you are at low damage, just CC rest them...all you have to do then is hit B because your already holding down from the CC...plus they may try to grab you instead, in which case you get a free rest anyways.

Top Bottom