• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Questions for Samus Techniques

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing samus for quite some time now, and I have become quite proficient at some of the harder things, but two small things still elude me, and I don't know why, but with some help from the samus community, I hope to remedy them. (wtf long sentence~)

Anyway, A) getting extender and using a bomb to interrupt you... I've seen it done plenty of times, but something about videos makes me not be able to grasp the idea. Do you just di backwards, air dodge straight forward into the bomb, do the combo, and then the bomb explodes or what exactly?

B) Shield pressuring, I can't remember which of the main samuses out there that has ridiculous shield pressuring, I want to say Phanna, but I'm not 100%... what's the best way to put extreme pressure on someones shield? Tap A, down, A, down, A, down to reset the normal jab so as to keep doing the beginning a move repeatedly or just ftilt?

Thanks for the advice in advance <3

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
For A. You have it right. You just bomb drop DI away/forward then aerial dodge forward/away to grapple and the bomb will explode to interrupt.

For B. Sheild pressuring really happens through mindgames. If you manage to get their shield somewhat low (they block a full charge, they hold too long). And you know they like to shield you just pressure them. This is pretty random and pretty hard to do consistently unless the person your playing just shields too much.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Bombs take a HUGE chunk out of people's shields, so bombing on someone is a great way to pressure them. Basically just keep up a good spacing game against people who shield, use your Fsmash/missles as pokes, etc, and wait for them to do something dumb like roll and it's pwn time.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Jab canceling works pretty well in general, but it is counterable. If you know your opponent has a poor shield game it can be pretty useful. Also make sure you space it well to make it more difficult for them to shield grab you.

Ftilts on shields needs to be spaced really well too. Many characters can do moves out of shield to hit you if you are too close.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I've been playing samus for quite some time now, and I have become quite proficient at some of the harder things, but two small things still elude me, and I don't know why, but with some help from the samus community, I hope to remedy them. (wtf long sentence~)

Anyway, A) getting extender and using a bomb to interrupt you... I've seen it done plenty of times, but something about videos makes me not be able to grasp the idea. Do you just di backwards, air dodge straight forward into the bomb, do the combo, and then the bomb explodes or what exactly?

B) Shield pressuring, I can't remember which of the main samuses out there that has ridiculous shield pressuring, I want to say Phanna, but I'm not 100%... what's the best way to put extreme pressure on someones shield? Tap A, down, A, down, A, down to reset the normal jab so as to keep doing the beginning a move repeatedly or just ftilt?

Thanks for the advice in advance <3
I think the samus your refering to is Wes.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
It's not extender, its just a normal grapple in the air.

And I agree with X2X, it's Wes. It doesn't get much better than bomb>bomb>bomb>dair=shield gone.

jabbing is only as good as your mindgames are imo

Top Bottom