• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two odd Bowser "techniques"...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The word "techniques" is in quotes for a reason.

1. "Edge Jumping Bomb": it's as simple as it sounds. You're hanging from the edge, jump and hit down B to immediately bomb whoever might be camping you on the edge. I've yet to use this in actual combat, but this might be an ideal technique against players who ledgeguard by standing immediately on the ledge and charge a smash attack in anticipation to hit you.

So long as the character's charged smash isn't going to hit ABOVE them, you should be able to land this pretty easily.

2. "Suicide Bomb Faking": I have no idea how this could be put to practical use. While hanging from the ledge, hit down and B IMMEDIATELY after. This will cause Bowser to go into the Bomb animation which actually causes him to RISE ever so slightly.

The result is that Bowser will look like he's about to bomb, then grab the ledge a second later. The only advantage I can see is that it's a way to near-instantly release and regrab the ledge, but screwing up the timing = instant, inescapable death and thus I'm sure there are better ways to do this with less risk.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
First one is too obvious, I'd rather ledgehop Fair.
Second one has been around since Melee

Top Bottom