• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two new exploits/glitches/ATs

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
I have these recorded as replays, but I need to exchange FCs with someone who has good capturing equipment. The first technique might be useful, and the second I am almost positive is not.

My FC is 1246-8556-9378
Wii number is 6464 7014 7182 1371

On to business:

Falco can cancel his illusion onto any ledge. He must be in the air, very close to the ledge. If the illusion is positioned correctly, the move will bump the ledge and cancel, with Falco emerging standing in neutral position facing away from the ledge. If you use it too high, it will just slightly alter the pitch of the illusion and continue the move toward the center of the stage. If you use it too low, he will grab the ledge. Just right, and he magically appears standing on the ledge facing in. (Could be a useful alternative to ledge attacks, especially at >100%)

Remember the Ike/Dedede infinite grab on Corneria? A similar animation glitch can occur anywhere with a ledge (tried it in Stage Builder and FD.) I got this to work with Fox v Fox, Mario v Fox, and Mario v Dedede. I have not tested this extensively at all. Basically, you have to do a dashing grab with your victim close to the edge. Not on the edge, and not very far instage, perhaps a half-character width. May be different for different characters. The dash-grab somehow is interfering with a ledge mechanic and is doing that same rapidly-bouncing animation thing as on Corneria. BUT: it is not infinite, and the grabee falls out in the same time as normal.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Eh I don't care much about the 2nd one but the 1st one if true could be a something nice

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Not trying to be a messiah here. Just trying to get these analyzed further by those who know more about the game.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
lol i just found that falco illusion glitch and came on here to see if anyone posted anything about it. thanks :p

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
the falco illusion was found a little while after the wolf one. its useful. but not necessarily a AT

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
If the Falco one is known, then the edgegrab thing is all that remains. And as I said, that's really more on the order of the turnip/black hole glitch from Melee. Not useful, but interesting. Try it--it isn't that hard, you just have to mess with the spacing; seems to be easiest with Fox/Fox.

justexisting

Smash Rookie
just curious, if this (1st one) has been found to work with Falco and Wolf, is it doing the smae for fox if aimed right, or is he the only space animal that doesn't react that way? I'll probably look into it myself, but i figured i'd ask?

Top Bottom