• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two interesting bits of info regarding Warp and Reflect Shield(UPDATE Warp Cancel Video Up)

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Warp can be used on the stage, towards the ledge, to ledge cancel not unlike Zelda in Brawl(Who still can btw.). The difference here is, the timing isn't as strict as you slide off the ledge if you miss it by just a bit, just don't over shoot it though. This can lead into ledge guarding attacks, or just as a mix up when facing a grounded opponent.

Now, about Reflect Shield, it has potential to set up combos here. This works if the damaging hitbox of it does not hurt them, but the "push" box does. What this pretty much does is, depending on what they've chosen to do such as a sash attack/throw, they get pushed out of range while giving you the opportunity to follow up with possibly a throw or tilt.

Palutena Warp Cancel

Last edited:

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
Two interesting bits of info regarding Warp and Reflect Shield.

FTFY

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thanks for that lol.

I just need time to record, but I got a vreplay showing the cancel with Warp, in one instance leading into a nair.

You know, you corrected me and I edited the title, only to find I added a D and left the F in lol. Then, I just realized I forgot to edit the video into the OP.

Sorry about that guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom