• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitch Amiibo Poll

Would this idea interest you?

• Sounds like an amazing idea! I support it!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • I like the idea but it's not exactly for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not fond of the idea.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I still don't understand the idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Bare with me here because it's going to sound like an advertisement for a Twitch channel that I spend a lot of my time on, but it's actually to describe a similar idea I have to the way this channel operates. I'm trying to figure out how much interest would actually be gained from the idea before I begin looking into making it happen. (Or maybe something similar already exists that I'm not aware of for that matter - who knows.)

I spend a lot of my time on TPP (Twitch Plays Pokemon) and as a player new to streaming a different variety of games, I was extremely intrigued by the fact that Twitch could be used in a much different way than the typical 'Watch me play the game' kind of deal.

If you're unfamiliar with what TPP is, it's basically where Pokemon fans go to watch, play and bet on Pokemon matches that everyone watching also has control over. The more players that state the next input in chat, the more likely you are to have that input happen inside the game. When betting on Pokemon matches, you have an in-twitch currency that can't drop below x amount, and you basically climb the leaderboard by betting and winning based on payout odds. Basic gambling for the most part, with usercontrolled in-game inputs.

I'm looking to start up a consistent Smash channel for entertaining, but not with actual players. More or less a channel of which features Amiibo playing games all the time. Whether it's 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s, 4v4s, FFA, etc. for viewer entertainment. Who knows what could even possibly come out of it. What's the goal and purpose of all of this?
1) Viewer Entertainent
2) Streaming something we all love to be a part of
3) Finding more use of Amiibo
4) Creating a rankings list that interchanges regularly of all Amiibo
5) Potential of what could come out of it. (Maybe we can learn new techniques, watch highlight material games, grow the strength of the Amiibos, etc.

How would it work?

Well, pretty much what my idea consists of (and I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions if there's actually interest and support in the idea.) is this:
1) Simulated Smash Matches using Amiibo
2) Automated System to Randomize Matches (Randomizes: Characters, Game Mode (1v1, 2v2, FFA, 3v3, 2v2v2, etc.),
3) Game Results Update Amiibo Leaderboard based on overall win rate. (May be split into multiple win rates if viewer demand would rather it be that way (Singles, Teams, FFA)
3) Player/Viewer Leaderboard (For betting on matches) [Results would be updated automatically after inputting game result using a system.]
4) Subscribers & Donators have special priviliges. Example: Capability to set up matches (within reason and rules - ex. no 99 stock matches, etc.)

I'm just curious as to who would actually be interested in an idea like this? Starting with level 1 Amiibos randomly selected into stages, various game modes, etc. and played frequently until they're noticeably different than they once were from however long it's been as players bet and discuss within the community itself amongst each other. Mostly for entertainment, social gathering and fun. Overall goal is to be one of the most active, fun, and consistently larger Twitch channels in Smash 4 Wii U.

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Oh, that sounds a lot like Salty Bets, which does this type of thing but with MUGEN. Amiibo/CPU smash matches would be fun as hell to watch, especially if there's a bet system in place.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I'll have a talk with a buddy of mine who's a daily streamer and programmer and see if maybe we program some code to make this a thing. Would love to make it come to life.

Would love more attention on this (though I'm sure it'd help if it were actually on the front page at a better time of the day.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'll have a talk with a buddy of mine who's a daily streamer and programmer and see if maybe we program some code to make this a thing. Would love to make it come to life.

Would love more attention on this (though I'm sure it'd help if it were actually on the front page at a better time of the day.)
Please refrain from double posting, and use the edit function instead.

In addition, I have moved this thread to the media forum for Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Top Bottom