• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutorial on making Brawl codes?

dusty22

Smash Cadet
Considering the massive amount of codes that have been made for this game... I can't seem to find a tutorial anywhere on the proper way to go about making codes for Brawl.

Is there some "method" to doing it? Is there some tutorial somewhere? Or do people just jump right in and start doing assembly hacking?

dusty22

Smash Cadet
No one ever wants to help noobs out on these forums huh? Unless nobody knows anything about this stuff in which case I would be kind of surprised...

I doubt anyone will answer but... (thank you if you have information and you do) Anyway, so I found more general tutorials on making Gecko codes, and it seems I should get a USB Gecko which is hard to come by these days. Is this the method normally used for Brawl? Or there any other "established" methods without needing a Gecko?

dusty22

Smash Cadet
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Side rant: At least before, these forums had a dedicated Q & A section, now it seems like it's hard to get a question answered because this section is mainly used for talking about and advertising big mods already in development...

Top Bottom