• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnup throw combos?!?!

♥ Rd0Lg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rider0fLightning
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
Only 3DS players. Turnips send opponenets away in the Wii U version. Shame really, it looks super flashy.

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
It's a shame the 3ds and wii games have slight differeneces from one another. Wonder why. Sakurai does weird things sometimes. Otherwise i would have tried to incorporate this into my playstyle.

♥ Rd0Lg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rider0fLightning
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
It's a shame the 3ds and wii games have slight differeneces from one another. Wonder why. Sakurai does weird things sometimes. Otherwise i would have tried to incorporate this into my playstyle.
Yeah. Such a shame. But hey, maybe we'll see some of this at Apex.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Only 3DS players. Turnips send opponenets away in the Wii U version. Shame really, it looks super flashy.
Huh? I don't have a Wii U, but shouldn't the games have the same damages and knockback from characters? Anyways, that is weird. I guess I'll just use the 3ds if I wanna use this combos then. I was thinking it would be cool to see this at the Wii U. Thanks for telling.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Huh? I don't have a Wii U, but shouldn't the games have the same damages and knockback from characters? Anyways, that is weird. I guess I'll just use the 3ds if I wanna use this combos then. I was thinking it would be cool to see this at the Wii U. Thanks for telling.
The Wii U and 3DS are not direct ports from each other so there some to be a few slight differences. The Dthrow turnip sending foes in front of you in the Wii U version is also different from the 3DS version where they get sent behind you. In general, blastzones also seem to be closer in the Wii U version, which means moves kill earlier and people die earlier in the Wii U version than they do in the 3DS version. Other than that, most differences are very small and 99% is roughly the same in both versions. I'm pretty sure you can do something like Dthrow > Fair though in the Wii U version.

By the way, while I think it looks very cool and all, I find a Dthrow turnip way too situational to land, so frankly I don't find it all that usuful. This was in Brawl too, but I have almost never seen it used because the range on the Dthrow throw is just too small, which severely limits its application. The only possible use I can find for it is out of shield, but even that rarely works unless they space their move reeeally badly, and she already has better options out of shield (ground float Nair or Bair).

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Well I know it's situational, but sometimes I use this, for example, when I battle big characters like DK. It's just a thing I do when my opponent's damage is very low and mine is high. But then again it's still very hard to land, too, so I guess I'm only gonna use it very rarely in battles. Thank you for telling me the difference between the 3ds And Wii U. I really thought they were the same, but I was wrong.

Top Bottom