• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turns starts with P2 instead of P1

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Whenever I choose "turns" as a way to select the stages, for some reason it always starts with Player 2 instead of Player 1. This bug isn't in Demo 2.1, but it's in Demo 2.5 and 2.5b.

Nothing too major, but it's still kind of annoying since I've been using turns to select stages when I have a group of people playing with me ever since Melee came out, and it's off-putting making P2 go first instead of P1.

z8h

Smash Rookie
I'm amazed a feature like this even needs to exist for local play. Can't you just communicate with who you're playing with and agree to take turns in selecting stages? You have to agree to putting it in that mode anyway.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Please don't come to conclusions! I've been using turns for years, and it's become widely accepted among my casual friends to be using turns while playing Melee, Brawl and Project M. Communicating with my friends on what stage we want to fight on seems kind of pointless when you think about it, since turns takes care of that for us. Plus, there are a few people who will obsess over Final Destination and such, and turns helps prevent that. If I'm holding a tourney, then that's the only time where I like to use the normal stage select option, as it makes a lot more sense to use the normal option than the turns option. Heck, I don't know of a single person who uses Losers, but I know that people use Losers anyway, because everyone has their own way of doing things.

I really don't to argue about something this silly, but point in case, there are people out there who will use turns whenever you like it or not.

Anyway, this isn't anything major at all, but a bug is a bug. I hope this minor problem gets addressed at some point.

Top Bottom