• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnaround Shine Bair

Squishywtrmln

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, need some help with some Falco tech.

So every time I go for a turnaround shine bair, I end up getting stuck in my shine and not being able to jump. This only happens when I land a hit (have not tested to see if this happens on shield). If I'm just doing the move, I can do a turnaround shine bair no problem.

I've seen this tech being done so I know it's possible; is there something I am missing? To clarify, my inputs are:

Down+Away + B (to do the instant turnaround shine)
Up to Jump
Away on C-Stick for the Bair

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
The reason you're doing it on accident is probably the same reason I do it on acident. When you're running and you go for the shine, the momentum from moving your control stick so fast probably causes you to move the control stick a little farther and turn around. You react as you normaly would if you didn't turn around and hit the move. It's just a matter of practice.

slamjunk

Smash Rookie
Are you using Control Stick to jump out of shine?

They way I was taught was:
Y/X Jump
Down+B
Forward Control Stick
Up Control Stick + Back C-Stick (Both hands executing simultaneously)

Edit: ..And I haven't really had any issues with this method.
Edit2: Just reread original post. My bad, "Up to Jump". Anyways, yeah are you inputting your back C-Stick at the same time as your Up to Jump?

Squishywtrmln

Smash Rookie
Are you using Control Stick to jump out of shine?

They way I was taught was:
Y/X Jump
Down+B
Forward Control Stick
Up Control Stick + Back C-Stick (Both hands executing simultaneously)

Edit: ..And I haven't really had any issues with this method.
Edit2: Just reread original post. My bad, "Up to Jump". Anyways, yeah are you inputting your back C-Stick at the same time as your Up to Jump?

So what you're saying is I should do a Down+B and then input the turnaround instead of doing the instant turnaround shine by inputting a diagonal Down+B?

slamjunk

Smash Rookie
Well, first and foremost; do what works.
But thats how I was taught.

Going through the motions again, I'm pressing diagonally Diagonal Up+Forward on the Control Stick out of shine immediately before Back C-Stick out of shine.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
you're going too fast. easiest way I know is to down b and then make a halfcircle motion with the control stick to get the turnaround and jump. c-stick for backair.

Squishywtrmln

Smash Rookie
Hmm, the halfcircle makes sense, but if I do input the halfcircle, won't the bair come out too slow to catch someone out of the knockback from the shine? Or do I just need to get faster?

SAUS

Smash Ace
Does shine have hit lag? Could this possibly be what the problem is? Basically the timing would be slightly different (a couple frames slower) if that's how it all worked. I have no idea if it does or not though.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
Does shine have hit lag? Could this possibly be what the problem is? Basically the timing would be slightly different (a couple frames slower) if that's how it all worked. I have no idea if it does or not though.
Yes, it does.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
Depends if you are jumping from grounded shine. You can always double jump out of shine starting at frame one even if you hit someone. But if you hit someone on the ground it does have hit lag and you can't jump out as fast

Top Bottom