• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Mode Combos!

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
This is a short youtube video of my Turbo Mode Lucario. I am in progress with a fast faller / heavy character combo. It's coming along quite nicely but I want to extend it some. I really don't know why I like turbo mode so much.... but I guess its the increase in combo size lol. If you guys have opinions, please do share and also share your turbo videos if you have some. Please and thank you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uunlhMuHs-w

PS: If you want to stop broken infinites, go to the rules and turn off Input Assist, this for some reason forces you to cancel your moves into a different move so you cannot spam the c stick and go 0 to death with no efforts.

Last edited:

Haden

Does anyone here have any combos to share? (exclude Tool Assist and Input Assist combos)

Haden

Sweet comboes with Ganondorf

Who do you think is the best turbo character?

That depends. Is Input Assist on or off?
Personally, with IA off, I believe (excluding infinite loop combos) that Ganondorf, Zelda, Lucario, Link and Meta Knight are at the top of the food chain.... though saying who the "best" is would be entirely too difficult because it strongly depends on the situation. Now, you watched those few links of Ganondorf? Well, then you might like this one the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWGfyVQHGQE

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Yeah with IA off. Samus' comboes I just remembered are pretty sweet, but for sure Ganondorf's and Links are the best.

Otherwise, I've done some Zero -> Death comboes in a matter of mere seconds with Snake, so there's something to be said for that.

I have watched the other Ganondorf videos too. Keep up the great stuff!

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Also, you have very nice game knowledge, throw in some wavedashes and dash-dancing and you'll be even better! :)

Last edited:

Haden

Dude, do you enter tournies for Turbo mode?
Also, you have very nice game knowledge, throw in some wavedashes and dash-dancing and you'll be even better! :)
Well, we have a localized player created tournament for PM that we do at different people's homes, including my own. Also, I would wave dash, but my bumpers on my gamecube controller are jammed, and usually force a jump when I press them, I need a new one. I've used it since the release of Melee on the cube. I also have something super super super epic. It's a new Ganondorf Combo Video, this time, instead of the same combo 3 or 4 times in 1 video, it's 1 video with 5 or 6 DIFFERENT kinds of combos. You'd probably be shocked at how well Ganondorf strings all of his attacks together if you can cancel by frame 2 and get a hit confirm (hand eye coordination). Anyways, here's the new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHT7AJlMiRQ

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Dude that was so sweet, always ****ting on Charizard. Yeah wavedashing with Ganondork is only good on soft platforms into perhaps uair.

Haden

Dude that was so sweet, always ****ting on Charizard. Yeah wavedashing with Ganondork is only good on soft platforms into perhaps uair.
Bro you don't even know how much I've hated Charizard for the past 10 years lol. I DESPISE HIM! He's always my beatup dumby lol and I play against a lot of Charizards at the events. He seems to be liked around where I'm at.

Yea, I like wavedashing but I need a new controller. I really don't like Ganon's WD too much though, it's ridiculously short and only good to followup as you said, into a falling uair. I have this combo tutorial up now with the button inputs in the video description. So if you want to check it out, it's right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWHjswhxLV8

I must however state that Ganondorf is probably the top dog in Turbo. Not only is he the only character with a true infinite with the Input Assist turned off, but if you get a hit confirm on the Short Hop Forward Special, you basically just took a stock (this only applies if you MASTER DI followups and frame reading to know when to hit what buttons). Ganondorf is the ONLY Character I've found a 1 combo kill with other than Metaknight with his Forward Special into Neutral Special into Jab into Up Smash, Full Hop Back Air, DI Follow with Forward Special and then a tripple Down Air spike to carry them down into the kill zone and fly back up. It's pretty ******** stuff.

Last edited:

Haden

That Meta Knight combo sounds op. But not as op as Mewtwo or Diddy in normal mode compared to the rest of the cast.

I just pulled of some twisted stuff with Link. I would dash to get some momentum and then short hop over the opponent and Down Air and as soon as the hit confirm came I would immediately cancel that Down Air into an Up Air and cancel that into Up Special, get 3 or 4 licks in with it and then Forward Air and cancel it to pull a bomb or charge an arrow.

I really recommend you trying out some Turbo combos. When you go to Special Brawl to turn on the Turbo option, also turn on the Slow option to see what moves connect with little enough knockback to keep them close enough to string other attacks in with it and see how far you can carry each new move into the set, when you find its break number (hit count) you add in a kill move. Then after you test it in slow motion, get good with it in normal speed.... that's how my Ganon became God Tier for turbo.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
I wish I could, but I can't because I left my Wii at home when I left for school. Lol, but yeah I'm familiar with the sweet juggles Link has when he can cancel, plus the low knockback of the aerial spin attack so he can keep chasing them. Really simple too is uair into spinattack into uair into spinattack I think too... lot's of fun!

Haden

I wish I could, but I can't because I left my Wii at home when I left for school. Lol, but yeah I'm familiar with the sweet juggles Link has when he can cancel, plus the low knockback of the aerial spin attack so he can keep chasing them. Really simple too is uair into spinattack into uair into spinattack I think too... lot's of fun!
I got some video of my Metaknight testruns of different move strings starting out of ForwardB and if you feel like watching it or anything like that, the link is right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxdqOJHypqg
I must not forget to note: Down Air spikes are TOTALLY legit in Turbo with Metaknight. Just take them 3/4's way to the kill zone and fly back up. It's ESPECIALLY effective against fast fallers.

Last edited:

_Chrome

Smash Ace
I got some video of my Metaknight testruns of different move strings starting out of ForwardB and if you feel like watching it or anything like that, the link is right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxdqOJHypqg
I must not forget to note: Down Air spikes are TOTALLY legit in Turbo with Metaknight. Just take them 3/4's way to the kill zone and fly back up. It's ESPECIALLY effective against fast fallers.
My god that sounds nasty!

Top Bottom