• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday Game Nights @ The Foundry (San Francisco, CA)

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
This looks like an amazing venue. I would love to help organize some sort of weekly tournament.

Should we just bring our TVs and set them up in a section somewhere? Smash on HD TVs lags too much to play competitively.
I am thinking of bringing my WiiU, but I don't have a GC Adapter ATM. Could you possibly bring one or will you bring your own system? I am really looking forward to this. :)

$heen

Smash Ace
Both. On Tuesdays, there is a melee tournament and on Thursdays, there is usually a Street Fighter tournament with melee friendlies.

@ NewFoundAbility NewFoundAbility , they have their own consoles and TVs now, so you don't need to bring any systems.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
So...what's all played here? Melee? PM? smash4? Last time I went to smash events I was hosting brawl+ tournaments before PM was even announced. I've been meaning to get back into things but I've been busy. Any other games played? I have a fightstick, would I regret not bringing that?

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
So...what's all played here? Melee? PM? smash4? Last time I went to smash events I was hosting brawl+ tournaments before PM was even announced. I've been meaning to get back into things but I've been busy. Any other games played? I have a fightstick, would I regret not bringing that?
Being there twice, I can say for sure: One Smash64, 7-9 Melee (one friendly spot, rest are tourneys. Unless you get there early.), two Smash4's, and the rest are other games not Smash related... Also, from what I have noticed, Brawl is never there. Not sure why, I guess because it's not fun competitively so it's just not there...
Also about the fightstick; there are Street Fighter games where you bring your fightstick. But I've seen all of them have always a slot so I don't know if you need to bring one; I bring my own GameCube controller because I like not spreading anything or the fact that I can just plug in and out then leave or whatever.

I hope that was enough information. :yoshi:

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
I've been wanting to go to Smash tournaments since I was 11. I finally turn 18 and move to San Francisco and the one place I can go has a 21+ age restriction when I have no intention on having a sip of alcohol there. Total bummer.

jvizzle1

Smash Rookie
I've been wanting to go to Smash tournaments since I was 11. I finally turn 18 and move to San Francisco and the one place I can go has a 21+ age restriction when I have no intention on having a sip of alcohol there. Total bummer.

Hey, I think you can actually get "sponsored" in by one of the regular players at the foundry. I suggest you hit up shroomed or sFat on Facebook and let them know you're under 21 and you want to get in. And they'll be able to walk you in themselves! They are really cool people. That's on Tuesdays for Melee. And you will find very few setups on Tuesday for Smash 4. Maybe 1 or 2 because its mostly Melee. But if you go on Thursday they host tournaments for Smash 4! But I don't know who goes there regularly on Thursdays :/ Maybe Shroomed knows.

But I would also like to invite you to a weekly smashfest event that we have going on on Thursdays in SF!! Its hosted at a house it is alot of fun! Its not a tournament but we have some good players and we just relax, have snacks, and have fun. Its free! We mostly play PM but we have 64 and melee setups too! Haven't had smash 4 yet. But we are trying to get more people to come! If your looking for people to play with, you should check us out sometime!

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Project-M-Super-Smash-Bros-Meetup/

And if you down to play, we can link up and play together in PM/Melee! I live in SF! :)Take care!

duncs

Smash Apprentice
so guys, in addition to the regular Melee tournament on Tuesdays, we're also going to be hosting a 64 tournament this coming Tuesday (Cinco De Mayo/ MAY 5TH). probably a 3 dollar buy in (in addition to the venue fee, not separately) winner takes most sorta deal. going to have it completely figured by the end of the weekend, shoot me a message if you're interested or have any questions.

cheers.

also going to post a memo in the NorCalSmash64 pages so more info will likely be there.

Top Bottom