• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSM ZeRo's Complete Tier List

As of September 4th, the final anticipated video of Team SoloMid's Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios, Super Smash Bros for Wii U #1 player, tier list has been released and completed.

Aside from being a strong competitor in the smash scene, TSM ZeRo has been making YouTube content for the past year that provides helpful tips for beginner players, his opinion on controversial topics in smash, tier lists, etc. One popular question that ZeRo gets asked constantly on Twitter is, " ZeRo, what does your tier list consist of this 1.1.6 patch?" ZeRo has an answer for that and has been quite consistent this time around releasing his opinionated tier list videos as of late. Now that the final video has been released, ZeRo's long awaited tier list has finally been completed.

BOTTOM TIER
  • Mii Swordfighter :4miisword: #56
  • Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: #55
  • Zelda :4zelda: #54
  • Mii Gunner :4miigun: #53
  • Ganondorf :4ganondorf: #52
LOW TIER
  • Mii Brawler :4miibrawl: #51
  • King Dedede :4dedede: #50
  • Bowser Jr. :4bowserjr: #49
  • Little Mac :4littlemac: #48
  • Samus :4samus: #47
  • Link :4link: #46
MID TIER
  • Falco :4falco: #45
  • Roy :4feroy: #44
  • Pac-Man :4pacman: #43
  • Wario :4wario2: #42
  • Wii Fit Trainer :4wiifit: #41
  • Duck Hunt :4duckhunt: #40
  • Palutena :4palutena: #39
  • Ike :4myfriends: #38
  • Mr. Game & Watch :4gaw: #37
  • Kirby :4kirby: #36
  • Charizard :4charizard: #35
  • Dr. Mario :4drmario: #34
UPPER TIER
  • Shulk :4shulk: #33
  • Bowser :4bowser: #32
  • Donkey Kong :4dk: #31
  • Luigi :4luigi: #30
  • R.O.B. :4rob: #29
  • Robin :4robinm: #28
  • Capitan Falcon :4falcon: #27
  • Lucas :4lucas: #26
  • Peach :4peach: #25
  • Yoshi :4yoshi: #24
  • Pit/Dark Pit :4pit::4darkpit: #23
  • Greninja :4greninja: #22
  • Olimar :4olimar: #21
HIGH TIERS
  • Toon Link :4tlink: #20
  • Ness :4ness: #19
  • Megaman :4megaman: #18
  • Pikachu :4pikachu: #17
  • Corrin :4corrin: #16
  • Villager :4villager: #15
  • Meta Knight :4metaknight: #14
TOP TIERS
  • Marth/Lucina :4marth::4lucina: #13
  • Lucario :4lucario: #12
  • Zero Suit Samus :4zss: #11
  • Mewtwo :4mewtwo: #10
  • Bayonetta :4bayonetta: #9
  • Mario :4mario: #8
  • Diddy Kong :4diddy: #7
  • Cloud :4cloud: #6
  • Fox :4fox: #5
  • Sheik :4sheik: #4
  • Ryu :4ryu: #3
  • Sonic :4sonic: #2
  • Rosalina & Luma :rosalina: #1

Now that ZeRo's opinionated tier list has been completed, do you agree with it? Do you think that Rosalina is best character in the game? Please comment down to let us know what you think! Please don't forget to follow him on twitter @TSMZeRo for more updates, subscribe to ZeRo's YouTube channel for more quality content such as his tier lists and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Olalde

Comments

I think this is better than the BR list in general.

Rosalina shouldn't be #1 if you take results into account. I have always thought she has the most potential to be #1 but I don't believe that potential will ever be met because of her mostly "meh" player base (and just the fact there aren't a whole lot of Rosalina players in general in comparison to other characters). Going by pure potential and MUs though, this is pretty agreeable.

inb4 everyone dissing his tier list, tier lists are subjective everyone will have an opinion based on their own knowledge and experience, the only tier list you will truly be happy with is your own one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everything looked neat imo, then the Top Tiers video was released...

But seriously, I'm only iffy about the Top 11's order and believe 12 and 13 should be High Tier instead of Top Tier.

Last edited:
Also, if ZeRo is beaten by a Link seven times over, would that mean he would be in top tier in the next tier list? (Using ZeRo's logic, yes)

As of September 4th, the final anticipated video of Team SoloMid's Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios, Super Smash Bros for Wii U #1 player, tier list has been released and completed.

Aside from being a strong competitor in the smash scene, TSM ZeRo has been making YouTube content for the past year that provides helpful tips for beginner players, his opinion on controversial topics in smash, tier lists, etc. One popular question that ZeRo gets asked constantly on Twitter is, " ZeRo, what does your tier list consist of this 1.1.6 patch?" ZeRo has an answer for that and has been quite consistent this time around releasing his opinionated tier list videos as of late. Now that the final video has been released, ZeRo's long awaited tier list has finally been completed.

BOTTOM TIER
  • Mii Swordfighter :4miisword: #56
  • Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: #55
  • Zelda :4zelda: #54
  • Mii Gunner :4miigun: #53
  • Ganondorf :4ganondorf: #52
LOW TIER
  • Mii Brawler :4miibrawl: #51
  • King Dedede :4dedede: #50
  • Bowser Jr. :4bowserjr: #49
  • Little Mac :4littlemac: #48
  • Samus :4samus: #47
  • Link :4link: #46
MID TIER
  • Falco :4falco: #45
  • Roy :4feroy: #44
  • Pac-Man :4pacman: #43
  • Wario :4wario2: #42
  • Wii Fit Trainer :4wiifit: #41
  • Duck Hunt :4duckhunt: #40
  • Palutena :4palutena: #39
  • Ike :4myfriends: #38
  • Mr. Game & Watch :4gaw: #37
  • Kirby :4kirby: #36
  • Charizard :4charizard: #35
  • Dr. Mario :4drmario: #34
UPPER TIER
  • Shulk :4shulk: #33
  • Bowser :4bowser: #32
  • Donkey Kong :4dk: #31
  • Luigi :4luigi: #30
  • R.O.B. :4rob: #29
  • Robin :4robinm: #28
  • Capitan Falcon :4falcon: #27
  • Lucas :4lucas: #26
  • Peach :4peach: #25
  • Yoshi :4yoshi: #24
  • Pit/Dark Pit :4pit::4darkpit: #23
  • Greninja :4greninja: #22
  • Olimar :4olimar: #21
HIGH TIERS
  • Toon Link :4tlink: #20
  • Ness :4ness: #19
  • Megaman :4megaman: #18
  • Pikachu :4pikachu: #17
  • Corrin :4corrin: #16
  • Villager :4villager: #15
  • Meta Knight :4metaknight: #14
TOP TIERS
  • Marth/Lucina :4marth::4lucina: #13
  • Lucario :4lucario: #12
  • Zero Suit Samus :4zss: #11
  • Mewtwo :4mewtwo: #10
  • Bayonetta :4bayonetta: #9
  • Mario :4mario: #8
  • Diddy Kong :4diddy: #7
  • Cloud :4cloud: #6
  • Fox :4fox: #5
  • Sheik :4sheik: #4
  • Ryu :4ryu: #3
  • Sonic :4sonic: #2
  • Rosalina & Luma :rosalina: #1

Now that ZeRo's opinitated tier list has been completed, do you agree with it? Do you think that Rosalina is best character in the game? Please comment down to let us know what you think! Please don't forget to follow him on twitter @TSMZeRo for more updates, subscribe to ZeRo's YouTube channel for more quality content such as his tier lis

I really do like his tier list.
Duck Hunt Dog at #40???? Hes a dog! that makes him at least #20+
The character is named Duck Hunt, not "Duck Hunt Dog" though. And they are a dog and a duck (and a hunter, but we tend to ignore her).

When #45/56 characters (as in, top 19%) is considered 'mid tier', you're doing it wrong.

Heck, even the highest rated 'mid tier' character in 34 still only represents the top 39% lol.

I still don't understand his logic behind clones sharing a spot. Isn't Marth just a better Lucina due to the fact he kills earlier?

-Lucina shouldn't be tied with Marth, she is objectively worse.
-Ryu and Shulk are WAY too high
-Zero Suit and Diddy are too low
-LMAO Rosalina

4BR's is better, imo. Makes ZeRo's reaction to it all the more laughable. :023:

I actually agree with his placement. I like this type of tier list, which instead of the meta game, and player base, he studies the actual characters.

I feel like nobody is ever going to give this list credit because Lucina is a top tier. But everything else is a pretty clearly-shown opinion.

Zero's reasons for why Lucina and Marth are together are wrong to me. Just because you need one for certain matchups does not make them equally viable. That's like someone saying, "Oh well Shiek and Bowser cover each others weakness because Bowser can kill, and Sheik is good in the air and can land well. Both should be in the same Top Tier spot!"

Last edited:
#ZeROpinions
JK, he's a lot better than me. If he says that Lucario is 12th and I don't agree, maybe the one who's wrong isn't the world champion himself...

Zero's reasons for why Lucina and Marth are together are wrong to me. Just because you need one for certain matchups does not make them equally viable. That's like someone saying, "Oh well Shiek and Bowser cover each others weakness because Bowser can kill, and Sheik is good in the air and can land well. Both should be in the same Top Tier spot!"
The difference here is that Marth and Lucina are 99% the same character, so i can see where ZeRo is coming from. Comparing it to Shiek and Bowser wouldn't work, since Shiek and Bowser are two completely different characters.

Top Bottom