• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSL : RISE ! ~Lyon, France - 01/21-22, 2012 - Cyr, Tekk, Salepate, Baxon, Iñf'

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Between 2008 and 2009, the Tournois du Super Lion (TSL) had become a major tournament series in France with 5 great editions, including a 175-players one. It also brought to (smash) life the Lyon region, that had only three total newcomers in 2008 but became the most active region in France by far, with many top-ranked players. Basically, a success story...

And yet, there were no TSL between early 2010 and 2012. Until the Lyon players got fed up with it and announced this :

Super Lion Tournament : Rise!
January 21-22, 2012
Villefontaine, France

TSL:R! happened this weekend, and one thing is certain: it delivered. Among the 55 attendees, all the contenders for the #1 French Melee player title attending, and so did most of the high level players, but also many new faces, some of them attending a tournament for the first time. All the smash active regions were there, and we saw many fantastic sets!

Massive thanks to the hosts, porc and Salepâte, who managed to host an excellent tournament while performing extremely well. Thanks to all the people whop helped hosting the events, especially Benji, a friend of porc and Salepâte who took care of the food and drinks, serving us sandwiches for 1€ and drinks for 0.5€ (!). To give you an idea of the atmosphère at this tournament, this guy really doesn't like video games, and yet he loved being there. Thanks to everyone who attended, including Seya, an Italian player studying in Lyon, who took many pictures of the event, as you can see here : https://picasaweb.google.com/112564...iDuSuperLionRise?authkey=Gv1sRgCLmw_JzvgICHVg
or here : https://picasaweb.google.com/112564654376322094160/Mugshots?authkey=Gv1sRgCJnZxeT6sfrpHQ

Results:

Out of curiosity, I checked how far everyone went in the bracket according to their seeds in pools. I coloured the names to show it.
Placed first in pools
Placed second in pools
Placed third in pools
Placed fourth in pools

Singles :
53 players : 8 pools of 7 or 6, top 4 advancing to a 32-man bracket

Bracket

1. Salepâte (:marthmelee: €?)
2. Cyr (:samusmelee: :falconmelee:; €100)
3. Baxon (:falcomelee: :falconmelee: €60?)
4. porc (:falcomelee: €?)
5. Tekk (:jigglypuffmelee:)
5. Aether (:linkmelee:)
7. Mahie (:marthmelee: :foxmelee: :peachmelee:)
7. Doraki (:foxmelee:)
9. X-17 (:falconmelee:)
9. Willy (:falcomelee:)
9. Fauster Fayk (:samusmelee:)
9. Iñf' (:jigglypuffmelee:)
13. Asmo (:foxmelee:)
13. Styx (:falconmelee:)
13. Samplay2 (:falcomelee: :marthmelee:)
13. Qlex (:ganonmelee:)
17. Cromat (:falconmelee:)
17. DjaGoF (:falconmelee:)
17. Mrik (:sheikmelee: :falcomelee:)
17. Slhoka (:sheikmelee:)
17. Panda soldier (:ganonmelee:)
17. beliaking (:sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :peachmelee:)
17. Draxraven (:foxmelee: :sheikmelee:)
17. JiM (:mariomelee:)
25. MetalFox (:nessmelee:)
25. Genius (:falcomelee: :marthmelee:; forfeited, games played by DraQ)
25. Axioule (:falcomelee: :mewtwo:)
25. Chikusho (:foxmelee:)
25. Joanna Dark (:falcomelee:)
25. Volt (:icsmelee:)
25. Fragmads (:ganonmelee:)
25. BSeed (:sheikmelee:)
---End of the bracket
33. Qual
33. Nedved
33. DraQ
33. Alex21
33. Datto
33. Lukahn
33. Kululu
41. Satanpuuuu
41. PIERREL05
41. Gobe
41. Sora
41. Mono
41. Roxas
41. Docog
41. LordYggdrasil
49. G6K
49. Seya
49. Link69
49. Bob
49. Tenebron

Pools

Doubles :
24 teams : 4 pools of 6, top 3 advancing to a 12-team bracket

Bracket

1. Salepâte + Baxon (:marthmelee:+:falcomelee:; €190*2)
2. Iñf' + Lal Tsuna (:jigglypuffmelee:+:sheikmelee:; €?*2)
3. porc + Tekk (:falcomelee:+:jigglypuffmelee:; €?*2)
4. Cyr + Slhoka (:samusmelee:+:sheikmelee: / :falconmelee:+:sheikmelee:; €20*2)
5. Willy + Mrik (:falcomelee:+:sheikmelee: / :sheikmelee:+:falcomelee: / :marthmelee:+:falcomelee:)
5. MetalFox + Jim (:nessmelee: + :mariomelee:)
7. Fauster Fayk + DjaGoF (:samusmelee:+:falconmelee:)
7. Mahie + Styx (:foxmelee:+:falconmelee: / :peachmelee:+:falconmelee: / :marthmelee:+:falconmelee:)
9. Qlex + Doraki (:ganonmelee:+:foxmelee:)
9. Samplay + X-17 (:falcomelee:+:falconmelee:)
9. Asmo + G6K (:foxmelee:+:peachmelee:)
9. Frag + Aether (:ganonmelee:+:linkmelee:)
---End of the bracket
13. Draxraven + Nedved
13. Docog + Virgil
13. BSeeD + Joanna Dark
13. Alex21 + Santanpuuuu
17. Volt + Link69
17. Mono + Gobe
17. Lukahn + Yggdrasil
17.BeliaKING + Cromat
21. DraQ + Kululu
21. Seya + Alex
21. PIERREL05 + Sora
21. Datto + Tenebron

Pools

Videos being uploaded on LeFrenchMelee, France's Melee community Youtube channel. A video thread will be created by tomorrow. In the meantime, make sure to subscribe !

Original post :
Well... you may have noticed that the date of the tournament is tomorrow and the day after.
It was a bit useless to create a thread in tournament listings, as the small venue prevented us from having a large turnout. And well, it's too late anyway, so I'll use this thread, which will be ready for results.

There will be around 55 attendants, coming from everywhere in France, and most of the big names in the French community will be there, including the 5 major contenders for the #1 title in France :
  • Cyr (:samusmelee:/:falconmelee:) : Best Samus in Europe, best Falcon in France, he beat every top French player but Iñf' in a set at least once during the past year. Yet he only won 2 fairly small tournaments, placing 2nd most of the time. He's the most consistent French player.
  • Salepâte[/color] (:marthmelee:) : best French Marth, with a very peculiar style partly based on powershields, he's able to go from the best to the worst. His main weakness is his abitilty to handle pressure, but he's definitely capable of holding it down to claim first place.
  • Tekk[/color] (:jigglypuffmelee:) one of the best Jigglypuff in Europe, if not the best : he improved a lot in the past year, taking a undeniable place in the French top. He placed 9th at Beast 2, and won the last big French tournament. But he also sometimes shows difficulties against lower level players, losing to me and barely winning vs Samplay.
  • Iñf'[/color] (:jigglypuffmelee:) : one of the best Jigglypuff players in Europe. He only attended 2 tournaments in more than one year, but won both of them. For his comeback after 10 months without entering a tournament, he'll have to show if he still has it.
  • Baxon[/color] (:falcomelee:) : the best French Falco. He's been a contender for the title of best French player for a while. He missed some major tournament this year due to personnal problems, but came back strong placing 3rd at ESA:J.
Among the entrants, the following playersas, who are among the best French, and can beat one of the 5 above : porc[/color] (:falcomelee:), Aska*[/color] (:marthmelee:), Aether[/color] (:linkmelee:), Willy (:falcomelee:/:marthmelee:), Doraki[/color] (:foxmelee:), Qlex[/color] (:ganonmelee:), Mahie (the whole cast... almost literally)

*Aska is supposed to attend but didn't confirm yet.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I udated the first post, adding the brackets and the pool results.
I'll creat the video thread this weekend.

Also yes Laem, Salepâte is mad good now ;)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Hasn't salepate been good for a long time? Or maybe I have been overrating him for a while... Him winning didn't really surprise me anyway :)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
salepate got that usa training while he was here. ;]

also, looks like qlex has the same problem i have. i swear link ganon is 100 - 0 in links favour, if you catch my drift :c

i'm also really happy to see two new ganondorf players in the results, and especially that they're in the bracket. i would really hope to see them both not give up on ganondorf! this is a new record for european ganondorf attendance iirc, so good work frag and panda soldier!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
i'm also really happy to see two new ganondorf players in the results, and especially that they're in the bracket. i would really hope to see them both not give up on ganondorf! this is a new record for european ganondorf attendance iirc, so good work frag and panda soldier!
Actually I'm not sure Fragmads played Ganondorf in singles. He may have played Sheik or Jiggs.

I updated the original post with a few great pictures taken by Seya.

The video topic should be posted tonight.

Top Bottom