• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tryp's build [28/08/16: Beta 2]

tryptech

Smash Cadet
How goes it people? I've been working on a build in response to the Smash 3 project finishing and the 3C project nearing completion and it's nearly in a playable, release-ready state! There are plenty of builds that add as much as possible to the Project M experience. Personally, I find an excess of costumes and stages to be overwhelming and I end up sticking to 10-12 stages even in super casual play so I don't intend to go too crazy with anything like extra stages, extra costume slots or alternate costumes. If you're used to vanilla PM, nothing will feel too out of order or out of place.

Download BETA 2

23/08/16 - BETA 2
  • Modified SSS page 1 portraits and icons
  • Cleaned up SSS page 2
  • Added in Smash 3 HUD
  • Alt Z costumes
  • Full credits and tracklist added to zip
  • NOTE: School starts up so I'll be awhile before I can get to uploading a new build. There are a few cosmetic updates that I'm working on that I'll release in the meanwhile so look forward to them!
23/08/16 - BETA
  • Beta released
  • Menus and most modifications added
  • Credits to be added
21/08/16 - Preview
  • Initial post with screenshots

• Peach's Z-alt causes a soft-lock, try to avoid it.

Most of what's left is testing and bug-fixing. I do most of my testing on console, so I'd like some help with testing on Dolphin. If anyone finds any issues, lemme know.

Last edited:

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
That menu stuff... I like it. So in this you have Tourney and Rotation completely removed?
Edit: That's not a problem, those modes are practically useless anyway, especially considering Tourney does nothing nowadays.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
is the versus icon something you made yourself? i like it and i also like how those menu bits fit with the css

Yalung

Smash Cadet
Is the CSS icon for ZSS a place holder or will it actually be included in the build?

Which S3C alts are being added into the build?

Will the SSS be compatible with the Stage Manager?

Last edited:

tryptech

Smash Cadet
Just put up a build, updated the top post. I'm slowly recompiling it since my original test sd is a mess. As of right now I haven't completely finished the HUD and the BPs, RSPs, and stocks are untouched atm. There are a bunch of little things basically that I still need to re-add, but for now this should be playable and enough to get initial feedback on.​

archryn

Smash Cadet
Just as a heads up, the link you shared is missing the decryption key. Outside of that, the build looks great so far.

tryptech

Smash Cadet
They're older codesets I was working on for this, I just forgot to remove them haha.

tryptech

Smash Cadet
Go to town. Just know that the Main Menu and VS menu are theytah's, and the CSS and the SSS are Smash 3's. All I've done is reorder the CSS and SSS and changed the background everywhere.

tryptech

Smash Cadet
Good catch! I'm modifying the second page as it is so hopefully I can make sure there are no duplicates.

lesanae

Smash Rookie
Do you mean fixes? Because I can see the smash 3 costumes.
Nevermind, I downloaded the build. All good. I was just asking if there were Smash 3 costumes added yet because it was a beta.

SoloDolo

Smash Rookie
Freezes on my console... no idea why. I tried copying it twice but no go. Black screen after "now loading". PM loading screen loads fine though

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Freezes on my console... no idea why. I tried copying it twice but no go. Black screen after "now loading". PM loading screen loads fine though
This usually points to an info.pac error. Either the filesize is too large or it's missing something important.

tryptech

Smash Cadet
This usually points to an info.pac error. Either the filesize is too large or it's missing something important.
Interesting, I haven't had that error on Wii and dolphin. I'll look into sizing info.pac down and see what happens

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, I haven't had that error on Wii and dolphin. I'll look into sizing info.pac down and see what happens
I feel like it's missing something important, since the info.pac here is actually smaller in size compared to vanilla 3.6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom