• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to Relearn The King

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Alright, so here's the deal. Some of you might remember me, some may not. But what evs. Right now, I'm in a bit of a crisis concerning King Dedede. I was once a devoted Dedede mainer. But since, I've found new characters and new mains, and I gradually started to use him less. And now, I'm making an attempt to revive him. But there's a problem:

I am SERIOUSLY rusty.

I just can't seem to use him as well anymore. Can anyone give me some help on reabilitating my inner penguin?

Polar

Smash Rookie
SCG. UTilt. BAir/FAir WoP. Waddle.
That is all.

But in all seriousness, Dedede is mostly about mindgames and spacing. Almost everything he can do is painful, so change things up and make sure you're unpredictable. Keep your spacing on characters that you need to space from (Metaknight being the obvious example) using FTilts, DTilts, and Waddles, and tech chase/punish. UAir and DSmash are his main killers, but you probably already know that.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
You forgot U-tilt.

Look up some recent videos of good D3s, practice some stuff, and try to get re-used to him.

But, always good to see another Kirby main. :bigthumbu

Top Bottom