• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to main Falco

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Hello

So recently, I have decided to pick up PM as a competitive game and decided to main Falco. Can someone tell me how to play Nuetral? Or what moves I should be using at the right times? (IE lazer)

Help would be much appreciated.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Hi, just so you know, PM Falco is basically the same as Melee Falco (with a few minor nerfs), so you might wanna look into the Melee Falco Boards for guides, QnA, etc, and watching both PM and Melee Falco VODs on youtube.

Practice shooting tons of lasers, moving in, retreating, make sure the lasers are low enough. Shoot lasers falling from platforms and jumping from the ledge.
In a real game, try and pressure the opponent with lasers, and be unpredictable with when you move in, with nair/dair grab, shine, basically. When you're on the defensive, auto-cancel bairs are amazing (just short-hop and bair asap).
Be comfortable moving out of shield, roll out, WD OoS, dair/bair OoS, then shine OoS.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Hi, just so you know, PM Falco is basically the same as Melee Falco (with a few minor nerfs), so you might wanna look into the Melee Falco Boards for guides, QnA, etc, and watching both PM and Melee Falco VODs on youtube.

Practice shooting tons of lasers, moving in, retreating, make sure the lasers are low enough. Shoot lasers falling from platforms and jumping from the ledge.
In a real game, try and pressure the opponent with lasers, and be unpredictable with when you move in, with nair/dair grab, shine, basically. When you're on the defensive, auto-cancel bairs are amazing (just short-hop and bair asap).
Be comfortable moving out of shield, roll out, WD OoS, dair/bair OoS, then shine OoS.
Ive been getting better with falco at this so thank you, also I dont like looking int melee Falco because of brawls mechanics. Although they are clones, they feel kind of different. All im wondering is if I can condition my opponent with lazers consistently. I pretty much know how to play nuetral now so thanks ^_^

Last edited:

prem

Smash Apprentice
brawl mechanics dont change that much besides some punishes but neutral is still played extremely seriously and you should look into it regardless

tissuebox

Smash Rookie
NNID
gbale94
3DS FC
1864-9984-4069
Honestly, I feel more comfortable in PM playing as Melee texture falco. I even downloaded a custom melee build of the game because I hate brawl's art style.

Here's some nifty videos on falco's neutral game for melee, most of which apply to PM as well. I enjoy developing my own playstyle, and not always copying other people, except if it's actually optimal. These actually helped me develop my own playstyle, but incorporate some decent strats into it as well.

Videos:
Lasers in neutral
Offensive approaching
Being Donald Trump

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman

I mostly endorse this. There's more that could be said but this is good starting advice.

Top Bottom