• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to host a tournament in Norway

hobbit

Smash Rookie
Lately I've become really addicted to SSBM.
I've started playing a lot with some friends, and we're starting to get the hang of advanced techs, and so on,

Because of that I've checked around to see if there's any tournaments in Nowrway, or close to it, but without any result.
Therefore I thought of this:
Each year during easter, the worlds second biggest LAN-party is hosted in the vikingship in norway. It's called The Gathering (TG), and I think it would be the perfect place to host a tournament.

I've posted on the TG08-forums, and suggested that they should host a tournament next TG, but I really haven't gotten any response yet.

If anyone of you might be interrested in going to Norway the upcomming easter to join, I'd like you to say so in the TG-forums.
If I get enough respons on my post there they probably will consider it.

Now, this is in the very early stages of planning, so I can't give any details on anything really. But if we get a go from the TG-crew, I'll start looking for sponsors for some pricemoney, and plan what kind of tournamet(s) to have.

Another thing I thought of is that maybe Nintendo wanted to come and advertice for their new games during TG, and maybe help sponsing cubes or something. After all, there is 5000 people there who love playing TV and computer-games.
The Nintendo thing might not be very likely to happen though, but wouldbe cool if it happened :D

So, link to the TG08-forums
And direct link to my post

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
You should have hosted it at TG last year! We where a few smashers there then =P
we had our own nintendo-row :D

Well, it spunds really fun. But Im not sure if I have the time to go to TG this year, cause I kinda have other plans :p

And u should check out our norwegian smashforum!
http://212.247.84.180/norge/viewforum.php?id=12

Hellmaker

Smash Rookie
sounds nice :D but if u rlly have searched and not find us, u haven't searched very good... marte posted the link. www.nintendo.no, the "Nintendo-Forum" link from there, and to the smash bros. part of the forum. there 's many tournaments beingen held in Norway, but many is not enough :D great that you host tournaments =)

WIDL

We Are Born
This sounds great! But, will this tournament be during The Gathering or beside? I don't think I can attend to a tournament if there is 5000 people around me I don't know, but I love the idea. We need more norwegian tournamentmakers. :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
There have been big smash tourneys in Norway(Smashers' Reunion, which I have hosted), and there is a community here with professional smashers. Feel free to contact us if you want(my MSN is gribb_14@hotmail.com). I'm really interested in talking with you newcomers :)

Oh, as told before. The whole Norwegian smash community uses www.nintendo.no/forum (the smash sub forum). Visit us!

Edit: You can check out the vids from my last smash tourney(SR3)HERE

hobbit

Smash Rookie
Lol!
I obiously have been to bad at searching.

As I said, I know very little about how we're going to do the tournament.
But it's going to be during the 5 days of TG, in the vikingship.
It would be great fun to do the finals on the big-screen, so I hope we can do something like that :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm not spending 500kr(more?) on the vikingship just to play a smash tourney, unless there are great prizes of course. You could try to rent a venue for a weekend, and have a smash tourney there. In that way, I guess all the norwegian pros can attend. Cuz, to be honest, none of the SSBM-pros are going to TG(as I know).

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
We are definitly needing more tournaments more often. We don't really need to do it in TG, since the community is big enouth. I do see what you are pointing for, finding more smash-players at a great lan as TG.

Top Bottom