• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to get good with fox

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Smash noob here. Been playing glory 1v1's, *losing most of them* but I've been sticking to Fox and getting better with him and now he's probably my most consistent character and that I'm best with. I watched a tutorial on youtube which helped a bit but my biggest problem is getting aerials with him. I can do aerials ok with Zero suit, diddy and ness (I'm really bad with ness) but for some reason landing them with fox is so hard for me. In the tutorial it says he relies a lot on his Up-tilt and up-airs/up smash. Whenever I get my opponent in the air and try to up-air I always miss and I can only really land smashes on the ground. I just wan't to be able to be like some of the other players I've played against who can combo me in the air constantly. Also, what is Foxs' strongest throw you guys think? I know Ness' b-throw is a knockout move.
I'm glad I finally have chosen a main now though. My off character's I'll play are Diddy, Villager and ness and for some reason I feel like I can zerg my opponent the best as diddy- with being aggressive and landing those f-smash, up-smashes whether in the air or the ground. Ok, this sounds a bit weird; but I wanted to main Diddy initially since he's fun and I like his play-style but then I realized he shoots a peanut out of his gun and I'm highly allergic to peanuts irl (anaphylaxis) so I was like ugh, can't do that :x. (I have OCD only some people on here might understand, and no im not trolling) but if you guys think Diddy would be good for me then say so. So enough about my problems. Any Fox tips or advice in general would be highly appreciated, thank you.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Have you checked out the Fox subforum? There's a guide there that looks like it might be helpful and other Fox mains probably would be able to give you some tips about how to time your aerials.

Edit: this post was made before this thread was moved.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Fox's throws are basically trash; they don't do much damage and you'll almost never kill with one. Dthrow can combo into a fair or bair at low percents on a lot of characters, but for the most part throws are purely for positioning.

Fox can juggle with up air, but unlike ZSS or Diddy, he doesn't want to coast in the air to do so. Instead, take advantage of his very fast fall speed and make quick returns to the ground after every up air, and then quickly return to continue juggling. Tap jump on and C stick set to Attack is definitely the easiest way to do this, but it's possible with other configurations as well.

http://smashboards.com/threads/lylat-datalink-fox-guide-and-information-thread.377121/ If you haven't seen it yet, this is a good guide for telling you all about the uses of Fox's different moves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom