• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to find a character to play

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
It's pretty frustrating, I don't think anyone really suits how I want to play

I would like a character that is quick, has multiple ways to KO, a good variety of attacks (i.e. no 'sword swings only'), and doesn't need to rely on grabs or aerial attacks

I've gone through

Metaknight
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers

So far

I am playing with Luigi right now, but I am not sure I really like him yet

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
You are looking for the perfect character and there is none. Just try all the characters a few times and see who you like. Try Olimar. I love him.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Have fun with Bowser and Ganondorf. Oh wait you said quick also? You might just want to give up searching then.
Maybe so.

I've got close to 100% completion, all characters, probably near 200 hours played, yet I still lose at least 75% of my matches. I dunno, it's just like I don't get it or something.

Roller

Smash Legend
I know why you haven't found the perfect one yet... You obviously haven't tryed pika yet. He's 1337. Best character by a mile. Fast, powerfull, easy to combo with, good priority (especially with Dsmash), His thunder just got like 100 times better, beast at edgeguarding, and can quick attack cancel. Choose him, start winning.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I know why you haven't found the perfect one yet... You obviously haven't tryed pika yet. He's 1337. Best character by a mile. Fast, powerfull, easy to combo with, good priority (especially with Dsmash), His thunder just got like 100 times better, beast at edgeguarding, and can quick attack cancel. Choose him, start winning.
QFT. Pika=PWNage. His thunder is f*cking ridiuclous now...

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Make that THREE people!

I have to agree, Pikachu is awesome. Forward air is great for approaching but he's not totally reliant on it, and his moves have a LOT of priority (for someone without a sword).

Also, as much as I hate all three of them, why don't you try Fox/Falco/Wolf? They're all fairly quick (moreso for Fox, less for Wolf) and they have good ground games.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
You basically can't have multiple ways to K.O. and nonreliance on aerial attacks.

Game and Watch fits all your points except nonreliance on aerials, and really, it's just confusing why you're avoiding aerials. Everyone uses aerials, except certain slow characters.

Luigi kind of works, but Mario does too.

... and that's it.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
You should try someone you have never played with(like Sonic) or play stamina mode with a random character(like Sonic) and see who kills the cpu the fastest and there you go your main.

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
You should try lucas he is good on groung and air but does not need to rely on eather one. only bad thing is b-sticking doesint work so good with most of the other charectors.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Those are some weird restrictions you've put on yourself there. Grabs and aerials are important...

Maybe Wolf could work? He isn't exactly "quick", but he isn't terribly slow and you can do a lot with his tilts and smashes.

Exovel

Smash Ace
I'm actually rather surprised more people haven't mentioned Snake. I personally hate him, but I suggest you try him out.

Also, if avoiding aerials is something you want to do, then for the love of Smash, don't play Luigi.

Of course, playing Luigi on the ground does explain why you keep losing.

Roller

Smash Legend
is pikachu really that great??? *cough*notbetterthansnake*cough*
Pika kicks snakes ***... Just the other day I beat the 24th (now like 30th after the loss)ranked player on mlg who was using snake with my pika. 2-0, I beat the guy (ninja turtlez)on Final D and Battlefield. Pika is da nuts.

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
The place I currently reside at is Coral Springs,
Could be just me but someone seem to really like Pikachu...but seriously though, I don't use Pika except to mess around but I got my girlfriend playing Pikachu and doing great so, Pika is definately a great choice. From what I hear maybe Diddy will work for ya, you really just gotta keep picking and choosing battles and find out who you can KO with at ease and be confortable with.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Those are some weird restrictions you've put on yourself there. Grabs and aerials are important...
I just don't like to do them. I'm not in the habit and trying to get into the habit just makes me lose even worse.

Aerials almost never work for me, so a character that relies on them isn't going to go well for me and I would rather attempt a smash instead of a grab

Top Bottom