• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to find a certain sheik tech

sheikpnch

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know that tech that M2k does with sheik where he rolls of the side of the stage onto the ledge with up b, almost hugging the stage all the while?

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
If you mean how he snaps from stage to ledge using up b, that's something to the effect of jumping right before the ledge, cancelling your jumpsquat by falling off the ledge, and then pressing up b

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Does anyone know that tech that M2k does with sheik where he rolls of the side of the stage onto the ledge with up b, almost hugging the stage all the while?
He runs and does an up-b right before the ledge. He starts his up-b on the ground and then slides off the ledge with it.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
He cancels the grounded animation of his upb by sliding off the ledge and flicks the control stick towards the ledge to snap to it

IPIQ

Smash Rookie
Yea, it's called a Vanish glide.

Basically when Sheik uses her Up-B while moving on the ground, she is able to essentially ledge cancel her ground animation by running off the ledge.

If you are having trouble, you are probably doing one of two things -

The first could be that you are jumping once you run off the stage; this means you are doing the vanish too late.

The second could be that you are staying on the stage and not gliding horizontally off the stage, fix this by timing your vanish for the exact moment you are at the ledge.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Yea, it's called a Vanish glide.

Basically when Sheik uses her Up-B while moving on the ground, she is able to essentially ledge cancel her ground animation by running off the ledge.

If you are having trouble, you are probably doing one of two things -

The first could be that you are jumping once you run off the stage; this means you are doing the vanish too late.

The second could be that you are staying on the stage and not gliding horizontally off the stage, fix this by timing your vanish for the exact moment you are at the ledge.
This, I have been looking for the name of this tech for months.
I've always called it the "double poof".

Jarlaxle

Smash Rookie
The run off up-B is an edgeguard. But it works both ways. You can double poof to recover if you time it right. If I'm not mistaken, the timing is landing on the stage right as you vanish. This results in double the hitbox on stage, and it will catch any enemy trying to chase you down, and punish your landing on it. I think SSBM Tutorials has a video on it? I know they at least mention and show it in their "How to Practice Sheik" video.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
The run off up-B is an edgeguard. But it works both ways. You can double poof to recover if you time it right. If I'm not mistaken, the timing is landing on the stage right as you vanish. This results in double the hitbox on stage, and it will catch any enemy trying to chase you down, and punish your landing on it. I think SSBM Tutorials has a video on it? I know they at least mention and show it in their "How to Practice Sheik" video.
Can you post a gif or vod of this happening? I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
If you want to see how it works, Link can use the same mechanic to grab the ledge with an upB while running off the ledge. It's much easier to do so it can give you an idea.

So what you do is run toward the ledge, and right before you fall off, input a grounded upB. Link will slide just enough so he falls off the ledge, but since he used grounded upB he gains no height. Do it properly and he will grab the ledge. It's basically the same with Sheik, but in addition with her you have to angle your stick toward the ledge as soon as you are in mid-air. So as soon as you can do it with Link switch to Sheik. Sheik's a little more precise but hey it works.

Hopefully it helps.

Top Bottom