• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to figure out what happened in my match...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorGamer14

Smash Cadet

As you can see, I somehow instantly did a Shadow Sneak out of Ganon's Flame Choke, but I have no idea what I did to do it. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Spirst

Yep, that's shadow sneak hitstun canceling. Shadow sneak is one of the only (if not the onky) moves left that is able to cancel hitstun. Back in 1.0.3, Mega Man could do the same thing with his Up-B, Rush. In fact, we were talking about it in The Pond not too long ago.

I've played against pretty good Sheiks a number of times and the issue with that is that while in works in isolated tests, having that kind of reflexes mid-game can be hard considering that there isn't a large telegraphed animation beforehand unless it's charged. It will require very fine-tuned reflexes for the input to be done on time. Shadow sneak canceling in general strikes me as less useful than something like Rush canceling. It's great when it works and you're able to punish the opponent for the multi-hit but the fact that's it not instant and has, according to the frame data thread, 66f of cooldown makes it situational. It works best when you're canceling a longer multi-hit like Sheik's ftilt chain/Mega Man's dash attack or something telegraphed like Ganon's choke.
I'll close this since it's already known. Feel free to talk about it in the social thread or moveset/AT thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom