• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to establish weeklies in Fredeicksburg, VA

doublec72

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CC#985
NNID
DoubleC72
Switch FC
SW-0865-3676-5395
In my area we have monthly tourneys at a place called Sage Mantis Game Haven. They are on the last Sunday of the month and $20 covers venue and entry, which quite frankly, is a lot compared to other places. A few weeks ago, our old TO left to establish a new venue. This past Sunday was the first tourneys since the original TO left, and the turnout was pitiful, with only seven people showing up. I've been talking to the venue owner, and he's willing to lower prices to $5 venue $5 entry if I can generate enough interest from players. So the question is, is anybody interested? The address of the venue is 2025 Plank Rd Fredericksburg VA, 22401. There is potential for streaming as well.

Please reply if you would attend!

doublec72

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CC#985
NNID
DoubleC72
Switch FC
SW-0865-3676-5395
I'd attend! I don't live too far away from GH as it is
Great! The first weekly will be held this Friday.

Questions though, do you have any ideas for other ways to get word out? and should i put up a listing on this site? and if so how would i do that

ohlookitssergio

Smash Rookie
NNID
ohlookitssergio
For publicity, all I can think of is sharing on Facebook, possibly making a FB page for people in the Fredericksburg (and other areas near Game Haven) could help build the community. I'm honestly not sure about the listing though, I'm new to this site, my main reason for signing up was to reply to this post haha

ohlookitssergio

Smash Rookie
NNID
ohlookitssergio
Hey, I told my friend and two cousins. My friend said he's gonna tell his friends about it, so hopefully that'll bring more of a crowd. I'm going to find ways to promote the event in creative ways so it catches people's attention!
Also would you happen to know the time it starts?

ohlookitssergio

Smash Rookie
NNID
ohlookitssergio

I made this to help promote the tournament on social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.
I'd be more than happy to make more promo photos for future events!

doublec72

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CC#985
NNID
DoubleC72
Switch FC
SW-0865-3676-5395
Holy crap! Thats really nice! Thank You! Arrive at about 5-ish. Bring setups!

Last edited:

doublec72

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CC#985
NNID
DoubleC72
Switch FC
SW-0865-3676-5395
Console, game, gamepad and charger, gamecube adapter if youve got one, a small TV if you have one

Top Bottom