• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trying out G&W, he just doesn't feel right

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
I main Duck Hunt, Donkey Kong and Luigi in that order. Each character has their gimmick. DHD is a camper, DK kills mad early, and Luigi has insane combos.

I'm now trying out ROB and G&W. While I do see potential in ROB, I have not been able to find any in G&W. First of course he is the most "random" in the game with the judgement hammer, but that can't be his only attribute...? I feel like I'm missing a big part of G&W. What exactly is his "gimmick"... or does he even have one that's viable?

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Something you can take semi-seriously.

Oh, Shulk about to fsmash you as you're about to hop over on stage?

Just hop on, throw out fair, and somehow it whacks him when he just released his attack. Now act like it's no big deal and move on.

I think :4gaw: still has good priority.

GamefreakDX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-6277-7612
I guess you could class Judgement as his "Gimmick". I think he's just one of those more user-friendly characters like Mario, and easy to pick up.
He has powerful Smashes, good Specials, and quite a number of his moves have Windboxes, which I typically use to throw off opponents.

FrameImperfect

Smash Cadet
NNID
3x3=?
3DS FC
0044-2904-0617
In this game he's not as much a glass cannon as he is a superb edgeguarder.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In this game he's not as much a glass cannon as he is a superb edgeguarder.
I get most of my KOs with U-smash...personally. Move is kinda braindead when it just straight up trolls almost anything that isn't explicitly a low hitting D-tilt.

D-air edgeguarding is also still good for KOs, you just have to recover immediately after D-air ends. Nerfs to F-air and B-air make it much harder to KO with those moves, but it's possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom