• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying my best to learn fox but having some trouble

Phoxhound

Smash Cadet
Baltimore, MD (in a worm hole during summers)
3DS FC
2707-1679-3227
I'm a new fox player and I could use some advice. I'm trying to play him as a sort of opportunist/chasing character but I have a lot of trouble punishing opponents and I get punished easily. I find myself easily comboed despite my best efforts to stay defensive and shield/air dodge obvious attacks. I also get read very easily but I'm not sure how to mix things up. Basically, I'd like some guidance. Here's a video of me getting demolished on FG by some ZSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZn3om3GMl8

My 3ds FC is 2707-1679-3227 if anyone wants to play. I'm down to play any time. If you want to add me on skype then PM me. I really want to practice and get better.

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
Try and combo her with up tilt. Can get a good 30% with just that movie can actually even up the game quick. Down throw into forward air is good if they dont di or they di towards you (works at low percent but dont rely on that). Thats just a few things you can try to add into your gameplan in order to get better. Good luck and have fun

Gestalt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3583-1016-2706
Yup, cover your behind with up-tilts and be ready to juggle some more off of that with more up-tilts. If you land enough down throw forward airs, your opponent might get into the habit of air dodging that expected combo. If you read the air dodge you can punish that with a mix up.

I would also abuse short hop nair until you get a good idea of where to use it. Watch some Fox videos and be able to name and understand what is being done even if you can't preform it in a match. (shine stall, jab-cancel, out of shied & short hop options, yadda yadda) The pinned threads on this character forum will be good reads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom