• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tryhard Tournaments Ep 6 Smash wii U DOUBLES

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
Welcome to Tryhard Tournaments, since things haven't been going so well, we are putting this on a close, we hope to come back some time, better prepared, and run things better. On tuesday, we will have a Special edition smash wii U tournament. This will play by the rules of a casual, this is just for fun. Thursday we will have the normal smash wii U tournament. Friday will be a regular 3DS tournament, on Saturday and Sunday, we will have wii U and 3DS doubles!

Make sure to Sign Up and Join the chatroom!

Chatroom: https://www.smashladder.com/netplay/TTSSBU

Signup: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/mU5leNCA4u

Please also make sure to check in an hour before the tournament!

In tryhard Tournaments, we try our best to make our tournaments as good as possible. But we can’t do things perfectly, if you have any suggestions on how we can make this better, please tell the TO, Drevis2.

-Bracket: Double elimination
-Set: Best out of 3 (First to two wins)

Main Rules----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minutes
  • No items
  • Customs Off
  • Infinites cannot exceed 150%
  • If one of the members in the team disconnects on accident, the match Is played again, if a disconnection happens again, the other person decides what to do about it. (EX: Play again, disconnector loses the game/set, ect.)
  • If you or your teammate are 15 minutes late to a set, you get DQ’d, although, if the other player wants to make this time limit 20 minutes, he/she can do that.
  • All characters allowed.
  • Lower seed strikes a stage in the starters list, the other person strikes two stages, then the lower seed strikes one more stage. You play on the remaining stage.
  • For counterpicks, the winner bans two stages on starters or counterpicks, the loser picks a stage that the winner didn’t ban.
  • Stalling is banned
  • If the match ends with both people dying at the same time, or time runs out and both people are at the same percent, Sudden death is not played! Instead, a 1 stock 3 minute match is played.
  • If time runs out, the person who has the most amount of stocks or (if they both have the same amount of stocks) the person who has the least amount of damage, wins.
  • Gentlemen’s clause is in effect, if both people agree on a stage, any can be picked.
  • If the match ends by a suicide move (EX: Bowser’s side B, King Dedede’s/Kirby’s neutral B.) the user of this move wins, regardless of any sudden death or what the results screen says.
  • If anything or anybody is giving you trouble, please tell the TO, Drevis2, he will do something ASAP.
  • Don’t cheat your way through the bracket, doing so may get you banned from participating in any future tournaments.
  • This is doubles, you can join in with a partner of your choice, if you don't have one, you will be put in a list of people with no partner, you will be randomly assigned a partner from that list. However you must tell me using whatever you can to reach me that you are signing up for the tournament and don't have a partner.
Stage list------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starters:

• Battlefield
  • Final destination/Omega stage
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat cruise
Counterpicks:

• Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Dreamland (if one of the players have this stage)
Other------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to Drevis2 for winning the last smash wii U singles tournament!

Rankings don't take place for doubles

This should also be uploaded onto the online smashboards rankings, so look out for that!

Last edited:

DuoTheFighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Metanightmare22
3DS FC
3866-8545-3862
The link for Challonge leads to the Wii U Singles Brackets!

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Is the actual rules for doubles 6 minutes and 2 stocks? or is this whole thing copypasted?

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
Is the actual rules for doubles 6 minutes and 2 stocks? or is this whole thing copypasted?
Oh, I'm guessing doubles is 3 stock isn't it? my bad, I didn't know, I just thought the rules were gonna be the same, I'll change it ASAP.

Top Bottom