• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True to Game: Subspace Emissary Fan Fiction

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
The Subspace Emissary

Chapter 1: They fight... because it is all that they know

Many years have gone by since the Smash Brothers had valiantly freed themselves from the whims of the Master. With no Hands to guide them, the warriors would part silently. Even though the Melee was over, there was a sense of unfufillment in the air.

Adaptation to normalcy was much harder than anticipated. Fighting was all the Smash Brothers had ever known... no one really left the battlefield. As thoughts of fighting filled their heads, memories of the past Melee faded.

Imprisoned once more as trophies of war, many of the Smash Brothers had returned to the old way of life. They were mysteriously drawn to battle for the amusement of others... Satisfaction came in the form praise from a faceless audience. Unlike the control of the Master, only the fallen became trophies, devoid of free will. Once one is victorious, they have the option of living as they choose.

Oddly enough, most fighter's chose to fight once more... wishing to fill the void that haunts them. The rules of engagement were never questioned... nor were they stated. They knew them, and feared them. It was just the way things were.

As fate would have it, this 'endless' cycle... wasn't to be 'endless'.

"AND HERE HE COMES, FOLKS! THE PUMMELER OF PENNINI, THE WRECKER OF RIGATONI, THE LUNITIC OF LINGUINI...."

"Oh, enough with those pasta comments, really..." said the Princess,
" I know you are trying to be a splendid commentator.... and you are, yes quite.. but you see..."

"AHEM... THE RANGER OF RAVIOLI.."

"It's overdone." said a somber, elegant woman.

If the annoucer had been tangible, he would certainly been giving her a blank stare. The woman spoke with authority, unlike the first.

"There is no need for such things, be mindful of the intrests of those around you. I speak for the audience on this. Use moderation, if you please... "

There was a slight pause...

"MARIOOOOO!!!!"

A trophy was thrown out onto the battleground.
As it touched the stage it sprang to life, met by a roar of excitement from the audience.

"Oh! Do your best for me, Mario!" cheered the perky princess.

"This-a one, she is for you! Peach!" Mario shouted back.

"Oh, isn't he just the greatest thing, Zelda?" chirped Princess Peach.

"He has his charms," Zelda replied, "that much is certain."

"AND THE CHALLENGER IS.....!!!!"

Mario raised his fists, switching to a fighter's stance.

"THE MAD HATTER!!! THE COPY..."

"Control yourself." said Zelda cooly.

"KIIIIIRBYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The second trophy was tossed, landing on its head, rather comically. A poor wake-up indeed, the Pink puffball came to life.

The crowd roared with laughter. Between giggle fits, Peach glipsed a faint smile on Zelda's stern face.

"Oooowahhh" it sounded, surveying its surroundings, disoriented.

"Byuuuuoh?"

Kirby smiled and closed its eyes.

"HIIIIEEEE!!!" kirby exclaimed waving childishly at the audience, unaware that he had just looked extremely foolish.

"Aww, you are so cute Kirby! " Peach yelled out.

Mario turned red, and pulled up his sleeves.

"Oi! Kirby! Letsa get this thing a-started!" he shouted, his voice with a slight aggrivated tone to it.

"Boyo!"
Kirby nodded.

"READY....?"

"GO!!!"

---------------------
To Be Continued~
--------------------

Okay so, my first Fanfiction, ever. So yeah it mostly sucks on a huge scale, but I just love writing so here it is ! ^_^

If you want I'll add more whenever you want it XD
I've got enough time to spare. (Too much actually) Either way, I had fun with it, so if any of you wanna comment, correct my horrible grammar/spelling, make fun of it I thank you in advance. Feedback makes me feel warm inside.

*cough*
Anyway, thanks for devoting a few minutes of your life to reading my story. =)

More to come if anyone want this thing to continue.

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
It was a fun read. There were a few parts with grammatical errors, but other than that it was pretty good. I like how you kept true to the personalities of each character. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
chapter 2 WARNING! CHALLNGER APPROCHING!

Pit turned on his heavenly television. He watched as Mario and Kirby fought, out in the middle of the Arena. "oooo, ouch." Pit said "Go Mario!" suddenly, in the middle of the battle, th Halberd, Meta Knight's starship, floated out of the clouds. "Oh My Platuna!" Pit gasped "Challenger Approching!" Pit thought Meta Knight was there, but oh was he wrong. he saw the Primids drop, and he saw Ancient Minister srop the bomb.
Is this you story now?

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
CHAPTER 2-

Mario leaped towards Kirby with no hesitation.

"YAH!" He yelled, launching a fierce aerial kick.

SMASH!

Unable to react in time, Kirby became the recipient of a sharp blow to the head!

"Oh dear!" said Peach, clutching the edge of the spectator's box.

"He nailed him square in the face!"

"He IS a face." said Zelda.

Mario, slightly impressed with himself, shifted to the audience, no doubt intending to egg the crowd on...

"KYYYOHHH"

Kirby grabbed Mario out of no where!... and quickly the Pink Puff ball lifted him high in the sky, attempting a massive pile driver!

Mario was quick however…

"Hyyyaaah!"
Mario ignited his palms with fire, burning Kirby!

"AIIIEEHHH"
Kirby released Mario immediately, hovering just above Mario, both still high in the sky!

"Take dise Kirby!"
Mario threw a strong upward aerial punch!

RUUUMBLE!!!!

"An intelligent maneuver, I'm impressed." remarked Zelda.

"Hehe! That's my Mario!" Peach cheered.

"I'm talking about Kirby, " said Zelda, "Your Mario is going to have a rather... uncomfortable lesson in physics."

"Em..."
Peach's delight quickly changed to nervousness.

The Pink warrior's body hardened like a rock, in fact it was rock.

Mario's fist collided, and with a painful result.
"Oiii, my hand!"

Kirby descended upon Mario with fierce velocity!

"CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!"

The warriors impacted onto the battleground with a deafening crash!
The crowd whistled and cheered with excitement. Peach however, winced.

The rock starts to tremor....

"YAHOO!!!!!" yelled Mario as he burst from underneath, scattering random coins that seemed to appear from no place at all.

Kirby flew back, but he planted his hand off the floor upon landing, pushing off into a roll away from Mario!

Siiiiiiizzzle!

Not far enough away though. Mario scorched Kirby with a fireball and Kirby's recovery is foiled. Mario shows little mercy, and dashed up to Kirby.

"YA! YA! YAAAHAO! "

Mario wildly threw a chain of punches!

Kirby managed to evade out the combo and Inhale Mario inside him! His signature move!

"Ew! HE ATE MARIO!!!" yelled a panicked Peach, on the verge of tears.

Zelda declined to comment, out of what was either amusement or annoyance. Expressionless, her eyes were fixated on the match.

Ching!!!

Mario is spit out, and Kirby emerged with a familiar red cap upon his brow!

"Itsa Kirby!!! HIIIII!!"
chanted Kirby, in a poor imitation of Mario.

"You, thinka youra funny guy?!" bellowed Mario, his face as red as his cap.
Mario rapidly hurled fireballs at the Capped Kirby, all the while jumping about with great agility!

"Yah-hoo, yah-hoo!!! mocked Kirby, doing the very same.

"This battle sure is HOT! Get it? HOT!~" chirped Peach, very pleased with herself.
Zelda glances at Peach and stares in disbelief. Peach beams back at her.
"Very.... good, Peach."

The stage was now well ablaze, both fighters poised with their hands burning hot!
Mario knew he couldn't fight fire with fire...

"Activate! F.L.U.D.D.!!"
From out of Mario's overalls spouted a strange Water-pumping device...

"SQUIIIOOOOO!"
A highly pressurized jet of water was shot out of the device and quickly made contact with Kirby!

KEEEER-SPLASSSSSH!

"WHAAAAAAAAAAOOOO"

Kirby was instantly sent flying out of the ring!

"KO!"

"THIS GAMES WINNER IS..."
The crowd roars with excitement and they chant 'Mario!' in unison!
"MARIIIIOOOOOO!"

Peach hugs Zelda in excitement, and Zelda taps her on the back smiling.

"Ima the numba one! Mario! Mario win!" chanted Mario as he soaked in the applause.

He couldn’t take his eyes off the Trophy Kirby...
He looked so lifeless, and sad...
This wasn't right.

---------------
TO BE CONTINUED...
--- --------------

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
Dunno, if anyone still know about this, but since some people did take interest I decided to continue it.

Loftis

Smash Rookie
I'm liking it so far! I think the characterization of Zelda is particularly good.

I can't wait for the next chapter! :grin:

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
----------------
Chapter 3-
------------------------------
THE DARK HORIZON...
------------------------------

"Punch, punch! Nooo!"

"...pit.."

"Turning into a rock..? Oh that's real cool. Everyone knows Paper Mario beats rock, Gumball."

"Pit."

"BUUURRRRN! Mario with the Fireball!! WHAT NOW FURBY? "

"...Pit...."

"Left Jab rig- mmm..?"

"Pit... come hither..."

The young angel reluctantly turned from the Crystal Ball, and walked up to a beautiful Goddess, imbued with a shimmering aura of gold.

"You... uh... need me... Palutena..?" Pit said, constantly glancing over at the Crystal Ball displaying the battle between Mario and Kirby.

The goddess spoke eloquently, with a mystic, stellar quality.
"Merely a simple query...what excites you so, my little Pit...?"

"Ah, it's The Smash Brothers fight today!" he explained enthusiastically, "Sick match, two all-stars, Mario versus Kirby! Freaking EPIC."

"Ages it has been since... you yourself battled...." Palutena replied, trying to maintain Pit's attention.

"Yeah... that thing you said, I totally agree.. "

Not even a Goddess could pry the angel away from the fight.

Mario had other things on his mind...
Today, he was the victor, but tomorrow, this might be his fate. But the fate of the others... is what he feared the most..

Without a second thought, Mario tapped the lifeless Kirby.

Shiiiiim...

Kirby reanimated instantly, puzzled by his release.
"Byyye? Hiiii?"

"Byoooh..."

Mario said nothing, nodding reassuringly. Mario lifted Kirby's hand up high, facing the audience."YEAAAAAAAAAAAH"
The audience instinctively cheered, unaware of the imminent consequences this forbidden act of sportsmanship would bring.

Zelda felt a stinging sensation on her hand...
"Peach, I feel an evil force in the air."

"Ohhh, look at that... the sky is turning purple! " Peach shouted gleefully, pointing up.

Kirby sighted what looked to be a massive bird in the dark horizon.
"BYAA!!!" He yelled tugging on Mario's sleeve frantically.

"Mama-mia..." uttered Mario wide-eyed and frozen with fear.

It wasn’t long before the Smash Brothers figured out what it was...a gigantic airship, a true monolith of metal modeled by the contractor of hell itself...
A hatch creaked open....
and thousands of bizarre, twisted creatures rained down upon the arena. Anarchy overtook the onlookers, the stands emptied in seconds.

Mario and Kirby were being overtaken by the unknown, shadow-like creatures... Everything was happening all too fast for anyone to react.

"MARIOOOOO!!!"
Shouted a voice from above.
"P-peach..." Muttered Mario muffled by the minions (ha-ha tongue twister)
Floating down gently with her Parasol, Peach drifted gently to Mario.

"HUUUUUNG...."

---

"CHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Peach swung her body at the foes with explosive force!
"KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

The mysterious enemies flew out of sight and sparkled, appearing as stars in the distance.

Kirby rolled over to the reunited Peach and Mario...
"Pant, pant... Byoooo...."

"Peach... our energy she isa gone!" yelled Mario, kicking off the strange creatures.

"Ah! There is just too many!" screamed Peach.

BANNNG! KAAAAALP! BOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Three fiery explosions destroyed a flank of invaders.

"Shhhhhhoooooooooooom."
A green light flashed about the arena.

Zelda appears in front of the three Brawlers.

"I... will lend you my power."

All four Smashers glance at one another.

"We no longer fight each other!"
Zelda proclaimed, her strong voice reverberating throughout the stadium...
"We fight... together!"
---

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Wow this is actually pretty good. It's easy to read, and the characterization, as loftis said, is pretty good. The characters are likeable and the fight scenes were easy to picture. No serious flaws I would fix (well technically I would group my paragraphs differently but that's only because of my writing style). I'll be sure to keep reading this one.

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
CHAPTER 4- SMASHERS UNITED!

“4-WAY ALL STAR TEAM UP?! I think I’m in heaven!”

The young angel’s face was pressed to the glass of the crystal ball, his hands gripping the orb were shaking from excitement.

“Pit… thou art mistaken…. This place which we reside… It is the utopia of the valiant centurion… Skyworld” corrected the shimmering goddess.

“Oh right… It’s just an expression Palu-…OH WOW! MARIO DID NOT JUST DO THAT!”
Palutena gazed upon Pit slightly puzzled.

“Dost thou… not fear for their safety?”

“No worries!” Pit said shifting his gaze from the ball to his goddess, “The good guys always come out on top!”

The fledgling angel had not comprehended the seriousness of the situation in the slightest.

The chaos hit a fever pitch. Amidst the battlefield, rank purple mist ebbed ominously past the combatants. Mustering up as much adrenaline as his plump body could muster… Mario skillfully fought his way through what seemed to be a veritable ocean of adversaries.

“Bzzzzzzzzz……….!”
Overhead, a bizarre cloud-like enemy discharged a ball of lethal electricity… Its target was Mario, and it seemed the attack would reach its mark.

“Oi! …I didn’t see thise a-comin’!!” yelled the plumber in a panic.

Mario reached for his enchanted Super Cape, but the hero was aware that he was not ready to counter. The capped warrior slammed his eyes tight and threw his arms over his head. He cringed knowing there was no stopping the ensuing pain.

“Nayru’s Love.”

“Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun…”

Mario slid open his eyes tentatively. Standing before the Plumber was the commanding figure of Princess Zelda, silhouetted in a crystal shining of brilliant azure. Retaining her stance, Zelda looked over her shoulder, peering at Mario from the corner of her eye.

“You have nothing to fear…” the Princess said reassuringly.
“The Goddesses shall see to our safety.”

Mario nodded and resumed the brawl.

“Four..!!”

“SWAP!”
“SWIP!”
“SMAAP!”
Peach hacked away at dark invaders with her lucky golf club. The unfortunate enemies unlucky enough to make contact with the Princess’s putter were sent flying every which way.

“Ba-bayoyoh!”
Kirby swept a line of attackers with a dashing kick spin.

The enemies regrouped and surrounded the pink puff.

“Bloop! Bloop! Bloop!”
“S-S-SMAAAASH!”
Kirby inflated himself with air and floated up, returning with a powerful drill kick.

“MARIO TORNADOOOO!!!”
The plumber spun himself about wildly, scattering the unknown entities off the stage and into the abyss.

“I’ll give you points for originality…” Zelda remarked, half sarcastically.

“THUD!”
Mario, dizzy and disoriented, lost his balance and fell to the ground backwards.

“And… I take them back.”

The dark foe’s numbers were thinning quickly. It was not long before just one foe remained. The creature scampered away, petrified by the four fighters who vanquished an entire battalion.

“Hey-!” yelled Mario. “Where do youse a-think you’re a-goin’?!”
In one swift tackle, the mustached man slammed the survivor to the ground.

“Mario wantsa the answers!” barked Mario, clutching the creature’s neck with one hand and raising a fist with the other.
“ Youse-a gunna tell me what youse-a is, who youse-a serve, what youse-a up to!! ”

“Bya, bya, BYA!” added Kirby looking both angry and cute simultaneously.

The mysterious enemy dissipated into hundreds of purple insects. The heroes watched as the bugs mysteriously flew off into the distance...

“Sweet!” “That wasn’t so bad now, was it guys?” cheered Peach.
“Go us! Hehe!”

“Yes. You shall go…”

An ominous non-human-like voice resounded across the stadium. The fighters gazed into the sky filled with apprehension…

“…TO SUBSPACE.”

[TO BE CONTINUED!!]

Top Bottom