• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True Dash Dancing.

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
So I've noticed that there some posts showing how to dash dance in smash 4, but they always say you need to do it in some special way. I made a video of me dash dancing in game, with no tricks or "special techniques" in order to do so. Idk how no one has talked about this.
Its a little tough to do because of how fast you need to move your thumb, but you can dash dance none the less. Also its a little scary to do since there have been reports of circle pads breaking off, but mine has been working perfectly fine and theres no sign of damage.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman

Way to get my hopes up. That kind of dash dancing has no applications, you know. It simply doesn't cover enough ground, that's why nobody talks about it.

Last edited:

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
idk man, i think its still something useful to know, considering you can bait people, and come out with up smashes. It would also probably work well having the new 3ds' c-stick.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Dash dancing in smash 4 isn't really useful or worth the effort on the 3ds circle pad.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
One of the reasons why people don't talk about Dash Dancing in Smash 4 is the reason why they don't talk about it in Brawl, which acted the exact same way. Yes, you can do it, but it's far too hard to do and (As stated) doesn't cover enough ground, where Melee's dash dance was comparatively, you know, possible to do in a practical setting. I'm sure even you could tell it was difficult to dash left and right and not go into the turn animation, it requires you to turn very precisely and quickly, and in normal matches this is definitely not gonna happen with consistent results.

If you went back to Melee and compared back to back the effectiveness of dash dancing, the difference is massive, the window of turning is maybe three times as large, and likewise isn't "Practically impossible" like Brawl or 4. This also means that the length you can go between dashing also increases, which of course means you cover more ground, which fixes every problem.

Point is, this isn't any indication that dash dancing is "Back", that would at least be attained when dashing left and right doesn't require you to vibrate side to side at an impractical speed.

wolfos144

Smash Cadet
I'm new to smash, so I'm still trying to learn. Why is the length of the dash dance so important? I understand that covering more ground helps, but that never seemed like why dash dancing was good. For me, dash dancing is useful because it makes your movement ambiguous. It makes it hard for your opponent to approach. So, you would just keep dash dancing until he made a mistake and then punish him for it. But this kind of dash dancing also seems ambiguous. In fact, it's more ambiguous than Melee dash dancing.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
You are right on it making your movement ambiguous, but practicality is key. The point I was trying to make is that it's far too hard to do to make it work consistently well in a practical field, while in Melee you had far more room for failure.
It's hard to explain, it's very easy to tell the difference by playing Melee and Brawl/4 and trying to dash dance back to back.

Top Bottom