• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True Combos

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I got training mode to call sh fair-> dj fair a combo at very specific mid percents around ~30% but varies by character.

No one to test DI with though

First fair has to be very close

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
To me, although Confusion doesn't truly link into anything, it is still very good in that in order to get away from being hit the opponent will most likely be forced to burn their jump. Which means that the opponent is more susceptible to Usmash or Nair -> Fair/Bair (maybe another Side B) shenanigans. Or Shadowball from a hard read.

Sadly you can't shieldgrab them if they try to attack you out of Confusion.

EDIT: Just tested. Opponents can jump away from aerial Confusion as well, so definitely do not rely on it for true combos. Bummer. :/

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
From what I understand, you can shield out of Confusion before any enemy can attack.

Not sure how useful that makes it, but there you go. A way to make it safe, at least. Maybe it can be used for mindgames?

Condition the opponent to expect shield and then go with a tilt?

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
The sh fair -> dj fair combo leaves you so close at the lower end of the working percents that I almost feel like you could get a third attack, at least on DK... ff fair maybe, I dunno. But either you can't and it just looks possible or my fingers aren't fast enough to do it.

Something so specific might not be worth while, but at the same time, if it could mean carrying someone offstage to their death at 30% it could be a huge reward if very situational. But I just barely can't seem to do it

Edit: I managed to hit him with Disable, but it wasn't a combo and loldisable in the air

Edit: IF done at the ledge moving into the abyss, CPU Little Mac can't seem to get back. I guess that's something

Edit: Just managed to get Dtilt -> fair -> dj fair, did 31% damage on Mac. Started at 25%. Really wish I had someone to test DI, I'm afraid this is all going to turn into dust when someone holds up, lol.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
sSpecial is for mixups.
People will learn that they can mash an aerial.
All Mewtwo has to do is shield grab.
It's good damage and ignores shield so even if one can't get a followup it shouldn't be ignored.

Gabu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabukin
sSpecial is for mixups.
People will learn that they can mash an aerial.
All Mewtwo has to do is shield grab.
It's good damage and ignores shield so even if one can't get a followup it shouldn't be ignored.
The great thing about his Side-Special, Confusion, is that no matter what they choose to do have an option to counter them. If they mash out an aerial you can shield grab them. They could jump but that would waste their double jump allowing you to juggle them. and if they don't do either and happen to land on the ground you can follow up with an uncharged Shadow ball to Lock them allowing you to follow up with anything you want.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Dtilt > Utilt > Up Smash, seems to work on some characters.... some. I haven't gone against every character in the roster to really say it works for everyone but its effective. It works well against another Mewtwo, sooo theres that I suppose. I also just discovered that down throw into up smash works almost like charm against Bowser.

Last edited:

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
So is the 1st hit of jab to down B a legitimate option? Don't have any real people to test it on at the moment but the AI keeps falling for it.
Part of me is tempted to say skip the jab (or at least switch between disable or jab->disable). Disable seems to have a longer range than Mewtwo's jabs (and the same range as his jab finisher).would be nice if he had a 100% combo into disable (at high percents), but that might have been a little cheap. :)

The great thing about his Side-Special, Confusion, is that no matter what they choose to do have an option to counter them. If they mash out an aerial you can shield grab them. They could jump but that would waste their double jump allowing you to juggle them. and if they don't do either and happen to land on the ground you can follow up with an uncharged Shadow ball to Lock them allowing you to follow up with anything you want.
Main problem is many of the characters can attack before the mewtwo if finished with the confusion animation (before mewtwo gets the opportunity to shield).

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I think Mewtwo has really awesome ability's. He is still (Thankfully) an awkward character.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Yeah, side-B gives strange results in training mode. According to training mode, side-B combos into side-B infinitely.
Having tested it against someone mashing jump/air-dodge to get out, side-B doesn't even combo into U-tilt. =(
I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. Air dodges have a lot of landing lag in this game: if your opponent is scared, you could bait the airdodge by doing nothing and punish it.

Double jumps can be punished by jumping after them with RAR bair

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I've been able to U-Tilt into B-Airs at mid to higher %s. Don't think it's a "true" combo, but something worth noting.

Gabu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabukin
Part of me is tempted to say skip the jab (or at least switch between disable or jab->disable). Disable seems to have a longer range than Mewtwo's jabs (and the same range as his jab finisher).would be nice if he had a 100% combo into disable (at high percents), but that might have been a little cheap. :)

Main problem is many of the characters can attack before the mewtwo if finished with the confusion animation (before mewtwo gets the opportunity to shield).
is that true? Wow that sucks for mewtwo, I didn't think you could punish him on hit. :(
That's soo dumb.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
is that true? Wow that sucks for mewtwo, I didn't think you could punish him on hit. :(
That's soo dumb.
I was testing this more today, and I might have been wrong about not shield time (or at least nobody slipped past it today). Probably best to hold judgment until someone studies the frame data.

However, I will say that when confusion on Marth he can through and aerial (but not before you can shield) AND he seems to be able to sidestep before the grab. Disclaimer being that match was against a CPU, I don't know if many players would react that fast.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Idk if this works all the time but side b->fully charged shadow ball works sometimes. Either that or d-grab->shadow ball.

Last edited:
Top Bottom