• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U True All-Star Mode?

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
So a few weeks back I had unlocked all the characters in the game and it notified me that I had unlocked the true all star mode. However, I didnt even play all star before unlocking all the characters, and when I finally tried it out today, there wasnt any place to actually select between a regular all star mode and true all star mode. If I unlock all the characters before playing all star, does that mean I just lose the chance to play a regular all star mode? Or is there even a difference between the two?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Before you unlock all the fighters, All-Star mode will only pit you against the starting roster. Once everyone is unlocked, however, then all the unlockable characters will join the fray.

You do not have the option to revert back to only playing against the starters, so if you haven't cleared the following challenge before unlocking everyone, you've basically made it harder to complete.

*Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with 8 or more characters.

Likewise, the challenge below becomes even more intimidating to complete.

*Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters.

Potentially, you could clear All-Star on hard with the first 47 fighters, before unlocking the "true" All-Star mode, but the final fighter will have no choice but to face off against the whole roster. And of course, you can't clear any of the "true" All-Star mode challenges if you haven't unlocked everyone yet.

Top Bottom