• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trowing CF?

j3ly

Smash Champion
My friend just started playin CF, now i can practice them, i see how hard it is to trow him. 20/30% -> uairs -> fmash is tight, but i would love that to be 5% - 45% -> uairs -> fsmash

ive deemed it impossible from a low percent, really hope im wrong. been replacing more grabs with a dsmash, takes him to like 20/30%

anyone know for sure? will full opponent DI?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I believe it works to pretty high percentages, but to test more, you can go to training mode and set the CPU to "run away." That way, there will be full DI in either direction.

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol yeah i already clocked that, but i try to regrab too fast and my shield comes up? any way around this? its kinda crippling. i can do it no problem after 20%, its just those lower percents. i mean throw -> dsmash is peachy, but grabs all the way to 40% then down grabs to 60 to uairs to fsmash wud be way sexier

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yah, dont try to regrab too fast. If you know you're doing it too fast then slow it down.

j3ly

Smash Champion
theres no time xD
doesnt seem to be any way around this annoying light sheild

HiIH

Smash Lord
You can JC chaingrab to at least fifty. If you need to replace something, uthrow>Utilt, or uthrow>Uair>Regrab.

j3ly

Smash Champion
ultimately what i want to know is that he can be chain thrown from 0-20% - are you saying this is possible and you have done it? if so weeee :D thats all i needed to know ty. If not.. dammit >.<

and i generally try to JC my grabs.. perhaps poor JD grabbing is what makes teh LS come up?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
no it means you are just trying to grab too fast out of your other grab animation.

HiIH

Smash Lord
ultimately what i want to know is that he can be chain thrown from 0-20% - are you saying this is possible and you have done it? if so weeee :D thats all i needed to know ty. If not.. dammit >.<

and i generally try to JC my grabs.. perhaps poor JD grabbing is what makes teh LS come up?
Um, I'm pretty sure. I know you can at least do it at ten, and I'm PRETTY sure you can do it from 0-20. If not tap reset him with a jab regrab.

a rookie

Smash Ace
And if your opponent is a pro who will always jump out of your jab(just if you forgot), you
can switch it up, and instead of going for another expected grab, follow them as they jump
away after you jab them and surprise them with a Nair and it might throw off their DI since
they are trying to jump away from what they expected was another grab and you surprise
them with an attack =)

j3ly

Smash Champion
doesnt grab grab on likr frame 7, and mario (when jumping) leaves the ground at 5? so by the time the nair comes out i think a grab is faster >> dont quote me on that.

i dont ver have the problem with people jumpimg outta jab, and ive been playing with englands best recently :confused:

edit - haha lol, this is probably bc i always jab -> dsmash, and i have a bad habit of trying to jab -> utilt

a rookie

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure grab is faster than nair, but...j3ly, you say you play against people that don't jump out of jabs? Well, if you ever came down to America, there's a lot of people that expect the jab -___-
I'm glad that you use Mario though. I was just saying, sometimes people jump right when you jab them
so it would be better to mix it up every now and then. For instance, a lot of people expect the jab -> grab
combo. Of course it'll work every now and then if you're in the middle of a combo because your opponent
will be too busy worrying about DI'ing out of the combo or just DI'ing in general so that would be the best
time to set them up for a jab combo ^_^

j3ly

Smash Champion
oohhh i see, i thought that you meant people were jumping after being hit by teh jab, avoiding the dsmash/ grab :s

my bad

a rookie

Smash Ace
Wait, I'm confused xD That is what I meant. Like, people avoid the grab/dsmash because the expect a Mario to do that after they get hit by the jab.

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol lets just say that uk people dont jump outta jab then :p

maybe its cause i never jab -> grab (my mistake i know) and dsmash comes out in 5 frames

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's pretty hard to react that fast to a jab. I mean it's not that fast, but it's still pretty fast. Mostly, though, you'll want to watch out for them tapping A or something to smack you with a nair or the like after the jab lifts them into the air.

a rookie

Smash Ace
True, but the only time you would expect a nair after you jab them, would be from like a Luigi or Peach unless you have them at a really high percentage. But yes, d-smash might be less frames, but think of
it this way. If you grab them, you can grab attack them once or twice then follow up with another grab, jab, or just d-smash them then. It all depends on your opponent's percentage =) Once you know your killing percentages, you'll be golden<3333

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That's really not true. I know as Marth, I can fair/uair people out of jabs at as low as like... I dunno, forty. Jabs don't have that much stun.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Well instead of chain throwing you could just say throwing, but then people wouldent know youn were tlaking about chain throwing...

for some reason trowing seems to denote chain throwing! who wudda thought..

Top Bottom