• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Troubled matchups

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble with a few match ups with puff. In particular, the ones off the top of my head are King K rool and lil mac. I can't seem to get into them. Any advice?

King Ching

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with a few match ups with puff. In particular, the ones off the top of my head are King K rool and lil mac. I can't seem to get into them. Any advice?
Jigglypuff should absolutely destroy Little Mac in Ultimate. All Puff needs to do is get Little Mac off stage and nair/fair him a few times and he is dead. Little Mac loses his side b if he gets hit out of it trying to recover. Little Mac also has the worst air dodge in the game as he has the most frames of vulnerability. Just don't run into Mac's Smash and Dash attacks and hang out in the air a lot and you should be fine.

Against K Rool, K Rool is combo food for Puff. All of Puffs rest sets up work better on K. Rool than most characters such as uair to rest, pound to rest, rising dair to rest, fair to rest. Nair will also eat up K Rool. The one thing to watch out for is K. Rool's Armor. Just be patient and don't challenge moves with armor. Just wait for the moves to finish and go in with a punish. Puff is also one of the few characters who can gimp K Rool consistently too so practice edge guarding against K Rool. If K Rool is trying to recover, he will try to snap the ledge, so go below ledge towards the stage and hit him towards the blast zone with a bair or fair.

Hope this helps and good luck with the match ups!

Top Bottom