• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble working into f-tilts

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
At low %, fair sets up into ftilt nicely. You can shield an attack, unshield and ftilt instead of shieldgrabbing. Or you can just walk up and ftilt.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
At low %, fair sets up into ftilt nicely. You can shield an attack, unshield and ftilt instead of shieldgrabbing. Or you can just walk up and ftilt.
Exactly and if your opponent isn't great at dealing with the foward tilt, then you can drain their shield with some good spacing and then lead it into a Dtilt for a shield stab.

Off topic: Stop changing Melty Blood characters fool! I'm also in the process of switching, dumping and changing mains and Secondaries.

So i believe i might be joining the Shiek crew and add some spice to your forums. (Atm i'm having a debate with some of my smash crew on wether to main Lucario or Shiek first).

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Nice to have a new face on the sheik boards
You may see alot more of me. Depending on how i'm doing today w/ shiek vs the rest of my crew. If not then i might just stick around becuase it's cool to talk in a dead forum. Getting people to think is a fun thing.

Plus in over crowded over-used forums you're not really noticed much. Glad to have some attention w/o being a Smash elitest or a Debater ehh?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
sheik boards are always dead, not much to talk about ^^ its not like we have any crazy combos to work with... just... ftilt... and.. more ftilt... to an uptilt... then chase them to another ftilt... etc etc... xD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Off topic: Stop changing Melty Blood characters fool! I'm also in the process of switching, dumping and changing mains and Secondaries.
lol, you can hardly call me out for switching from Ciel to Nanaya to a better picture of Nanaya.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Good set-ups:

1) Shield-dropping into F-tilt
2) Fair into F-tilt. Works at low percentages
3) Late-hit Nair into F-tilt. Works at higher percentages than Fair.
4) First two hits of Jab cancelled into Ftilt.
5) Uptilt chasing can lead into Ftilts.
6) Dash attack can combo into Ftilt (but will usually be shield-grabbed).
7) Dash into shield-slide, drop it into Ftilt.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Good set-ups:

1) Shield-dropping into F-tilt
2) Fair into F-tilt. Works at low percentages
3) Late-hit Nair into F-tilt. Works at higher percentages than Fair.
4) First two hits of Jab cancelled into Ftilt.
5) Uptilt chasing can lead into Ftilts.
6) Dash attack can combo into Ftilt (but will usually be shield-grabbed).
7) Dash into shield-slide, drop it into Ftilt.
Mix and and match, i personally like Ftilt> Nair> Jab> ftilt > nair> jab> grab Sure... it's a bink stinky situational combo i pulled off once but i liked it.

Mostly though i will go for Nair> jab> Ftilt (until you think they could break out)> grab

If they're shielding but waiting for you to run in a grab, you can do Fair over them> land ftilt> grab ( kinda only works on tallish characters >.>)

Infact ingnore this whole post because it's 4 AM and i'm posting jibberish.

Top Bottom