• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with the Peach MU..

notkain

Smash Rookie
Playing against Peach is so ridiculously hard for me to play against for some reason..

Besides grab+upthrow+upair

What else could I do to counter a dash-attacky/nairy/downsmashy/floaty Peach?

Any good videos/threads for reference?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Drill shine > WD > up smash to punish her down smash. If she DI's the drill away and downsmashes, try to soft shield.
Laser camp. Nairs can combo into each other on mid %'s.
If she dash attacks into your shield then JC > up smash.
Space bairs to keep her off stage.
Down tilt her up B if she sweetspots.
Dash dance close enough to make her whiff out an attack. Go in for a grab if she attempts to yank out a turnip.

You want to go to PS or YS.
She wants to go to FD or FoD.
DL & BF are pretty even eventhough l hate BF's edges and she lives forever in DL but you can camp her easily.

Last edited:

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Watch Mango vs Armada from MLG. He plays the matchup incredibly well there at times.

Try not to approach with aerials at lower percent other than dair because she can CC downsmash or CC dtilt you which will lead to a hefty combo. Generally, if you see a peach dash dancing, she will 8/10 times be looking for a dash attack.

Most important about this match up is that you don't have to approach. You'll feel the match going very slowly and that you'll want to approach but if you play smart and laser, you'll win the MU. Learn to SHDL

Oasis

Smash Rookie
Resist the urge to charge in with reckless abandon. When playing against Armada, Mango sees the best success when he plays patiently, laser camping and smart dash dancing. If Mango grows antsy and plays carelessly, Armada will not hesitate to deliver one of his famous punishes. It's unlikely any normal Peach will punish as hard as Armada, but the same ideas apply.

Unwavering_Canadian

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, any suggestions on beating a peach which constantly down smashes -> side step -> side step or down smash ? I usually jc grab but the timing is just so punishable if missed. What covers both options, the safer the fox option the better. I don't like getting blendered.

Unwavering_Canadian

Smash Apprentice
If you're hit by downsmash in your shield, do you have to DI it out before you can wavedash oos into upsmash?

Unwavering_Canadian

Smash Apprentice
Is drill up-tilt effective? I'm doing some tech practice and it seems effective for launching peach to get an aerial off or kill at high percents. Can drill up-tilt be punished on drill hit-confirm?

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
I know a long time ago, M2K used to drill > utilt Puffs so it might work on Peach but I'm guessing it's not guaranteed.
Drill > waveshine > turnaround utilt works.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Drill, laser camping, and a solid platform game are your friend. As much as us Foxes like to be aggro, you have to play the Peach matchup campy and patiently.

Try to time her float as well. Once her float is gone, she'll retreat and fair. Run in and get underneath her with an upsmash.

Last edited:

<LyKos>

Smash Cadet
This is just one of my philosophies as I develop as a spacie player (ALSO because I'm not terribly gifted at being consistent with my shield pressure yet), but favor grabs over shield pressure. Peach has some great OOS options to punish sloppy shield pressure, so view shields not as an opportunity to exert pressure, but as an opportunity to get a free up throw-->uair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom