• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trouble with SHFF Knees.

tonkamike

Smash Rookie
It's a pain in the *** enough trying to sweetspot the **** thing, but its so hard to sh, f-air and fast fall. Any advice? Should I be short hopping, fast falling first, THEN f-airing? If that is the case, the knee just seems to come out too late. Is it more effective to use the c-stick for the knee? Help would be appreciated.

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
i just plain stopped doing sh knees. the lag is too much of a risk if they shield, and since powershielding and shielding in general is so easy, a sh knee is real easy to punish. probably a better idea to use the knee as anti air. like shieks punch.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
You really shouldn't shff knees to hit someone on the ground as it's way too slow.

If you really want to do it though, sh, then right after you hit the peak, throw out the knee and fast fall ASAP. You'll get the knee out just before you land.

Choppah

Smash Rookie
I changed my z-button to attack which makes it a lot easier for me to jump and attack right away when playing CF. But be warned, if you fast fall from fair or dair, you'll get lag when you land from your attack. I personally like riding out the SH with CF in brawl due to the loss of L-canceling.

Top Bottom